rfsod48

Pets and Rallys

Do most of you bring your pet along to big rallys or is it best to leave them home? Our Jack Russell loves to travel but if left alone to long she tends to bark.

Roland.

Your JR is not the only barking dog there!  Our 2 dogs only stay boarded, when we leave the Country...I would take them with us, but the Lab mix is 15 & the Rat Terrier is 18.  My past dog Lucky, left 289,000 air miles to the Shriner Transportation Fund.

Don't leave your "friend" at home! :angry: 

Haven't been to that many rallies, but the ones I went to seem to allow dogs pretty much anywhere the owner wants to take them.  Even had dog contest and shows at some.  Just take the necessary precautions such as temp and water and stuff like that and you will be fine.

Pet are welcomed at all Rallies. Is is best if you have power and are able to keep your pet cool with A/C when the weather is Warm. They must be on a leash and under control when outside. I see may dog walking their owners all the time. I keep doggie treats with me in my golf cart all the time and have made friends with quit a few of them. 

But to have them with you when entering any building for vendors or entertainment or such,  they must be certified as a "Service Animal".

Bring your pets but "PLEASE PICK UP AFTER THEM."

Thank you,

Herman

We take our Airedale Terrier.......taking our pet along is the reason we have a motor home.

A pet is a responsibility, pick up after, keep them cool or warm, control barking, and always remember: "I have never met a bad dog, just bad owners!"

g

We have 2 dogs and lots of poop bags, along with the all important leashes!  I don't care if Fido is voice trained....even K-9 and military dogs are on leash, unless their working! :P

We are going to our first Convention in Tucson this March.  Will be travelling with 2 dogs (yes, we always pick up after them and are mindful of not disturbing others).  I see in previous posts that they are welcome, but just wondering if there will be a designated pet walking area?  I do not want to just walk them anywhere and upset anyone who is not as fond as dogs as we are!!

Nice looking rig you got!  

Depends on where your going to be parked, 50 amp, 30 amp or generator.  The elect. sites are more crowded, but you will find a corner of peace...we got a new pup, mini Aussie and we will be there.