eodted

Looking for a pinch hitter

Hi

We’re at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, AL.  My husband’s anxiety issues (associated with Parkinson’s Disease) have precluded us from making it all the way home to Maryland.

We’re looking for someone who can drive our Phaeton 37’ RV back to Solomons, MD.  We are certainly willing to cover that individuals expenses.

Please contact me (Nancy McCarley) if you are able to help us out.  571-213-9487.

Thnak you

Might have better luck calling 800-543-3622...

sorry to hear of your troubles but we are a long ways from you..hope you find someone soon.

Bill,

If they have had a Dr. tell them they must return to their home Base to be treated then Seven Corners should be contacted. No disrespect to the lady but just because she or her husband doesn't want to make the trip won't justify calling. Now if a Dr. and a Hospital is involved that would be a different story.

I do hope these folk get the help they need.

Herman

eodted.  Welcome back!

WBill is right.  You got the coverage, use it.  I'm sorry, but I'm over 1,000 miles away! :(

There's was an article in the recent FMCA magazine about a couple who had driven someone's motorhome back to their home. My magazine is in my MH and it's in storage but I think there was some info about who to call for this sort of help. I guess you could look at the online version and find the article.

Another reason the spouse should be able to drive.

Thanks very much for all of your responses!  Our situation does not qualify for FMCA Assist since my husband is not hospitalized and it still alive and kicking!  LOL

And yes, I wish I had pushed my husband harder to let me learn to drive!

Thank you again!

Call FMCA and speak to Member Service's.  I read the article also, so it should be in the digital issue!  It's a member to member service...like stop overs or member mechanical assistance!  All that used to be included in our January issue of FMCA Magazine! :angry:

If we were going to be closer I would certainly help you out eodted.  Normally this time of year we would be coming right up through Montgomery.  However this year we have reservations south for another month.  

Have you considered finding a cheap place to temporarily store your rig, get him home, and then make arrangements for someone to come back and get it?

38 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

I will be more than happy to drive them home. I'm only 100 miles from Maxwell AB.

She posted a phone number in the original post.

Jim, I called her last night, basically only commented here to let her know that I was a legit member of this forum, she has feelers out in several locations.

Yeah!  Surprised they did not jump on it...or maybe they want to wait until it get's warmer and at their convenience!

Parkinson's can cause hallucinations. They need help. Kay/ maybe you could tow your dinghy. I live a very long drive from Maxwell Field and I have a wife that is not well, otherwise I would volunteer . Born in the Maxwell Field Hospital on 8/13/44. My dad was a flight instructor.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me the FMCA mag, Jan issue I think, has a list of members who are willing to help other members who need it.  They provide overnight stays, the capability to drive a member's coach home, and something else I can't recall...I don't have that issue at home, it's in the MH.

FIVE.  Your really in a S & B home?  I thought you was full time Hobo!  Riding the rubber wheels, not the steel rails!

I had a brother that spent 2.5 years at Maxwell, 1952 to 54, I was between 8 and 10 years young then, made many trips from B'ham to Montgomery then, unfortunately he was pretty sickley those days. We lost him at a young age unlike most males in the family.

Thanks Carl, He was in the AF during the time of Korea, but he became ill here in the states and never shipped out. He got kind of got over that bout, but never fully recovered, first heart attack at 40, open heart surgery at that time, then lived 9 more years with 20% heart function.

14 hours ago, manholt said:

FIVE.  Your really in a S & B home?  I thought you was full time Hobo!  Riding the rubber wheels, not the steel rails!

Not FT, but getting ready to head out again.  We usually spend three to four months on the road.  Couple of days ago I had a guy (who knows nothing about RVs or camping) ask me when I was going "camping" again.  I told him I was getting ready, have to wash the tent and clean the Coleman stove.:P

The other fun part is when they ask "when will you be back?" and you say I don't know, probably in Sept or October. ;)

Anything been heard from the OP?

Bill

I think we can safely say that the OP found some one, who will drive the coach at the departure date that she want's!  I got the impression, after her response to Kay, that it was not a emergency for now, but rather, when it warmed up more on the E. Coast. :P

If you wish to pursue the rest of this discussion, lets move it over to Camping or "what's happening, who is where", in General Discussion. :)

If anyone wants information then send a PM as most of the time they get notified by email that they have a PM if it is set up for them that way.