After you note the inner tire not the electrical box that looks like a standard box one would nail against a 2 x 4 in the house.

I wonder if it floats.

14 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

If you lay concrete blocks sideways while building a swimming pool, the water will only run out the holes, those are called cells. So to build a swimming pool out of concrete blocks then the cells must be placed vertically so that the water will remain within the confines of the pool structure. Also a concrete block will withstand much more load when placed upright "vertically". In other words, they were not designed to be placed sideways.

Ah so! I was thinking ( and that's bad) that it was the scissor jacks you were talking about. Now I understand, and a good lesson on placement for different things.

11 hours ago, jleamont said:

Took this photo a while ago, note the inner dual tire :o

Joe, are you thinking that the outer tires will become "MAYPOPS" overnight?:ph34r:

If he keeps blocking up one dual he will eventually have a failure on that tire so MAYPOPS are going to become POPPERS.

Probably some one in Kalifornia or PA.!  Since Joe L. took the photo, that eliminates KA.  Even they have enough sense not to be in the NE during winter! :wacko:

TT.  What does ..................mean?  You have done that, several times, on different post's! 

Kind of reminds me of all the aptitude tests we took when I was in grade school and middle school in the 60s and 70s. Some people understand basic mechanical design and some don't. Sometimes no amount of explaining seems to be able to bridge the gap between the two camps.

Haha, yeh. Reminds me of another saying, there's 3 kinds of people in the world, those that are good with numbers and those that aren't.

Let's not forget that it is a "stabilizer" and not a leveling jack, although I would not take a bet that it is not used for that.

17 hours ago, Punxsyjumper said:

there's 3 kinds of people in the world........

Hadn't heard that one..now that's funny!😄

Some years ago, I was at the Livingston, Montana, fairgrounds and saw a mid '80's Pace Arrow motor home. The one with the pointy nose and chrome automobile bumpers. This guy had 4 bumper jacks leveling and holding the MH up.

Like you said, they are out there.........

I don't think there is any boisterous, physical activities in the RV....said another way, "This coach isn't rocking, so come a knocking"!  

9 hours ago, manholt said:

I don't think there is any boisterous, physical activities in the RV....said another way, "This coach isn't rocking, so come a knocking"!  

:lol::ph34r::lol:

12 hours ago, sgureasko said:

Some years ago, I was at the Livingston, Montana, fairgrounds and saw a mid '80's Pace Arrow motor home. The one with the pointy nose and chrome automobile bumpers. This guy had 4 bumper jacks leveling and holding the MH up.

Like you said, they are out there.........

and I shall continue to photograph them. Maybe I should start a separate album. Any suggestions for the title? How about "Stupid should hurt" or "Hacks R Us".