jleamont

Humor for those waiting for spring

For everyone north, I have just made it as far as western Alabama (30 miles from Mobile) and had to run heat and diesel burner this morning.  I wouldn't break out the shorts for another few weeks yet.....just sayin....

Yes we had a cold spell last couple of days but should be close to 80 today. I mowed the lawn yesterday. Ok truth is I had the lawn crew mow. They are on the job so I can leave town at any time and not worry about mowing. 

We have had the coach out for a short rally way out in Aledo Texas :o. But that was only 5 days last month. 

Joe, you off the grid campers know no limits.;) 

Bill

The lawn has been mowed 3 times a month by "The Crew" so we can also travel.  No months of mowing are missed down here.

It is 10:00 a.m. and temperature right now is 68˚. Going up to the low to mid 70's today.

We have Summer here and then we have Winter on December 20th, only.

Okay, may be a little longer but not continuous. A day here and a day there of Winter.

1 minute ago, IanBullock said:

Well that "Chance of Snow" in the forecast has now become "Snow for Sure"

UGH!

Going to hit 80 here today and sunny! I cant stand the PA weather, I cant imagine life up there :o

2 minutes ago, IanBullock said:

Well that "Chance of Snow" in the forecast has now become "Snow for Sure"

Will Spring ever come?

Thank goodness, I live in Alabama, you guys can have that beautiful white nasty stuff!:rolleyes:

I'm in NE Texas, 72 rain, thunder, high wind.  Tonight the same, but 50...Tomorrow, same.  High temperature 54/32.  All going NE !  Any questions?

We moved grass twice this year, between freeze's! :lol:

It's 77˚ here at 4:30 p.m., give or take a few minutes.

Windy as heck and a shower or two now and then.

Supposed to get cooler tomorrow. Daytime for the next few days in the high 60's to low 70's and night time high 40's to low 50's. Nice sleeping weather.

Wayne, your the one that's unhappy in anything below 70!  Now you want 40/50 to sleep? 

Richard.  The South is still looking for it. :huh: Guess we'll just go straight into Summer! :o I hope we get summer...:blink:

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Wayne, your the one that's unhappy in anything below 70!  Now you want 40/50 to sleep? 

Richard.  The South is still looking for it. :huh: Guess we'll just go straight into Summer! :o I hope we get summer...:blink:

That is true Carl, but under the warmth of the covers it is at least 70 degrees, but most likely much warmer.  Nice sleeping as long as the days get above 70.

Didn't happen today.  Went to GD's soccer game at 9 a.m. and it was 63˚ and we left at half time 'cause it was a wind howling and the temperature was 53˚.  Clicked the car thermostat up to 74˚ and went home to a warm house of 74˚.

43 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

dangerous-snowy-road-stevens-pass-mountain.jpg

I sure would not like meeting something coming from the other way!

Also, take all that snow and shovel it up above the border.

Snow!

Ray.  Is that a one lane road or your driveway?  I was under the impression that your Island did not get much snow!  Kind of like the San Juan's & Vancouver Island, around the B. Gardens!

Here in Tn 45 right now or 43 depending on channel. Suppose to get to 35 tonight and some chance of precipitation. I suspect on the Plateau they may get some snow but doubt it will lay.

15th or April we have mowed three times but still plenty of weeds. Maybe the cold will knock them back.

In early fifties we had eight inches of snow one Easter and in 52 when my younger brother was born, in June, it snowed.

John Haywoods books perhaps his Civil and Political History of Tn but maybe the earlier one, it came a rain in April, wind shifted to out of the north and by morning there was ice fog like we read of in the Aritic . It lasted for several days and it was bright but you could not see ten feet.

Then one year there was snow in April in Nashville and even later in the mountains. There was frost every month that year.

Yep, part of Global warming.  They forgot 2 essential things...When & Where?  In Geological time, the 35,000 year Ice Age= about 1/32 of an inch.  Since we are and have been coming out of the Ice Age, for the past 10,000 years, I figure IMHO that we have about 3/32 of an inch, until there is Global Warming!  Where? Americas & USSR.

Don't wait up for it !!