rfsod48

Routine yearly maintence

If I take my my with a c-7 cat engine to a Freightliner shop what routine yearly maintence should I expect? Oil change, chassis lube, what filters? I have 82000 miles on coach, is there any other service I should be doing? 

Your Freightliner chassis manual should outline other work needed.  And, at 82k mi, you should already have done the initial valve adjustment.  Suggest a Caterpillar dealer for that.

Roland.

With no records...I would take the $3,000 plunge!  Go thru your CAT manual recommendation of service for 60K to 80K, check off anything that you have a record off & get the rest done!  Same with Allison.  When was the last time you had the brakes and bearings looked at? 

Agree with others, if you do not have records of "what was done when", EVERYTHING needs to be serviced.  That includes coolant change, hydraulic filters and perhaps fluid change, etc.

Again go through your Freightliner maintenance manual and play catch up.

Back in October we purchased a new to us 2015 Winni on a Freightliner chassis. First thing I did was call and set up an appointment. As Brett stated, $3000 is a good estimate. My out the door price was $2800 and that was with my FCOC discount.  Well worth the peace of mind.