Sign in to follow this  
ispjs

SW Alabama Recommendation

We are currently in Azalea Acres RV Park, Robertsdale AL.  We picked it based on a recommendation from friends.  They had evacuated Florida before Irma hit and landed up here.  It is 30 miles east of Mobile and 154 miles east of New Orleans.  There are other nice size towns all around and the rural roads in this area is great for motorcycle riding/exploring.

The CG is very well maintained and clean.  There is no pool but it has a extremely nice laundry and bath house.  Many of the sites are pull thru and over 100' long, some with concrete and some without.  All interior roads are gravel but flat and smooth.  Staff is very helpful and friendly.  This park has probably the fastest internet we have ever found.  It is much faster than our Verizon MiFi and is just as fast as our old service in our sticknbrick when we had it.  

For some this may be a little too far out for visiting New Orleans and Mobile.  For us it is just right.  We booked a month and will drive our car into those cities and do our sightseeing.  The rest of the time we can enjoy this rural part of Alabama.  Oh, I almost forgot the best part, their current rate is $300 a month plus electric.

Thanks for the reccomendation, I have been by that park many times but never checked it out. While there, be sure to try Lamberts restaurant in Foley, and get some thrown rolls.

Joe, thank you!  We will try it on our way to FL.  Looks like I'll be going to North Trails for a new Ventana. :)

20 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe, thank you!  We will try it on our way to FL.  Looks like I'll be going to North Trails for a new Ventana. :)

Wow Carl, taking the plunge at North Trail?  Be careful when you get there because when I left they were pretty well stocked.  While waiting on service on my coach last month I did my morning walk in their display lots.  There are a ton of Essex's and Mountain Air's with your name on them!

4 minutes ago, manholt said:

Nope.  Ventana 4002!  

Very nice model.  When you have a 40' plus model with a tag, plus Newmar's comfort drive system, you will have a hard time staying awake while driving!  Keep us informed.