dbenoit

1st MH Road Trip w/ mileage

Yup, been there, done that!  We used to travel and sightsee 20 years ago just like Clark Griswold!  On vacation we'd spend 2 or 3 weeks cramming in as much as possible. As it turns out, missed a lot of the really fun and interesting stuff!

Much prefer a slower pace, way more fun!

Yes I heard someone say "Is that all  there is":wacko:. Just remember if you can't see the river it isn't the bottom of the canyon.

Carl, not that bad just decided as we are only going to Salina I would break it into 2 days just ease into it. 

Bill

Left NH yesterday and stayed over outside of Richmond. Getting ready for the final trek. Yes the truck stops are creepy, ended up at wallys, lol. Quiet and secure.

I like Wally World. With other camper there I feel safe.

I laugh when in Perry, GA, on any given night there will be 15 to 20 Big Rigs, Motor Homes and Camper there and you should see the WW in Gillette before the Rally. Didn't know you could get that many Motor Homes in such a small area. :)

Herman

5 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Left NH yesterday and stayed over outside of Richmond. Getting ready for the final trek. Yes the truck stops are creepy, ended up at wallys, lol. Quiet and secure.

See you can do it.;)

Bill

All it took, was a foot on gas to point you in the right direction....each day that goes by, the more comfortable you'll be!  Hang in  there!!!

Yes we were surprised how the trip went. This KOA is pretty nice. It was 1100 miles total. Did 65 to 75 mph pretty much the entire trip.

Now it’s party time.

I agree on the KOA in MB, also quiet.  Enjoy one off my favorite foods, Shrimp & Grits ! :D  Don't forget the Beer/Wine and have a good time! :lol:

On 4/17/2018 at 9:55 AM, WILDEBILL308 said:

First of all why would you go on a long trip without your toad?

Bill, fyi, many people do travel in motorhomes without a toad.  We just went from Denver to Sacramento and back on spring break (late March), with no car.  Actually never traveled with one.

For the RP, I would take everyone's advice about not driving 15 hours at one shot.  Motorhome traveling is more leisurely and relaxed, than traveling in a car, where you "just want to get to your destination"

5 hours ago, aztec7fan said:

We just went from Denver to Sacramento and back on spring break (late March), with no car. 

Well Chris G. What RV do you have? You should have it in your signature/profile. Where did you go, what did you do in the Sacramento area? 

Bill

Bill.

From 1967 to 1985, we did the same.  Even today, it depends on where we go & for how long!  Not everyone thinks alike, that would be boring! :blink::)

When ever we went to CA.,  We would rent a car...last time was in 2006...my coach was in a RV park in San Diego, got a rental car to drive to Santa Monica (No RV's allowed, unless your making a movie)!

15 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill.

From 1967 to 1985, we did the same.  Even today, it depends on where we go & for how long!  Not everyone thinks alike, that would be boring! :blink::)

When ever we went to CA.,  We would rent a car...last time was in 2006...my coach was in a RV park in San Diego, got a rental car to drive to Santa Monica (No RV's allowed, unless your making a movie)!

I made several trips to CA back in the early 80's without a toad. Yes I have traveled without a toad yes in a smaller class C, so I know what I am talking about. 

Traveling without a toad will reduce your ability to go and see and do by about 75-85%.

Some people drive RV park to RV park and don't go any ware once they are there. That is fine but I don't go someplace to just explore the RV park. If you are still working and that is all you have time to do that is ok. 

Bill

On 6/18/2018 at 6:47 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Well Chris G. What RV do you have? You should have it in your signature/profile. Where did you go, what did you do in the Sacramento area? 

Bill

We have a 1989 32' southwind.  

In the Sacramento area we visited relatives, went to Muir Woods NP, pier 39, and Alcatraz island.

Made it back home. A lot of lessons learned. We went 95 almost the entire ride home, we bypassed DC and Baltimore. Believe it or not we blasted right through NYC and the GW bridge on Sat. Took the gamble and it paid off. We did screw up on the way there and ended up on some farm road before MB for about 1/2 hour, that was a treat as it was not wide enough for the MH and a car coming the opposite way. That was our 1st lesson. Total mileage to and from was approx. 2200 miles. Now that trip is behind us we are already to start planning the next. Queen is already talking Alaska, geez, ease up lady, lol. That will be after retirement which is another 6 yrs away. Probably do Nova Scotia next.Time to start another thread.

BTW, I drove from 9am to midnight on the way home wired on coffee, never again. Got thrown out of Wally’s outside of Phil.

Ended up at a service stop on NJTW.

Glad you had a good trip. What do you think, was it as bad as you imagined it might be ?

I am on the road now just outside Vandalia IL. Next stop Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio.

Bill

11 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Glad you had a good trip. What do you think, was it as bad as you imagined it might be ?

I am on the road now just outside Vandalia IL. Next stop Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio.

Bill

Is wasn't bad at all. MH handled perfect both ways. Just need to work on our GPS and overnight strategies.

Safe travels Bill.