xqzmepleze

GE Appliances and Service

Appliance Connections service was fantastic BUT the product GE Profile PVM9179 series microwave/convection oven as well as GE Customer Relations SUCK. The unit does NOT operate at correct temperature in the convection setting. You are supposed to be able to set the Temp to 425*F but the highest temp we could get was 350* F even after letting oven preheat and bake for 30 minutes. Working with local GE repair service and GE Techs we were told that even after replacing temperature sensor and control board that the program was designed to work this way. If you set temp to 425 * the unit heats up to "set Temp" even though thermometers placed inside the unit reads 350.

Even though the GE brand is attached to these unit they are actually a Haier product made in our case Malaysia. When Haier brought GE in 2016 they obtained the right to use GE brand until 2056/ Also along with GE, Profile, Cafe, Monogram, and Hotpoint. are now Haier

If your unit work as it's supposed You are Lucky.

Thats a little scary.  Haier was the brand of refrigerator I installed in my last coach.  The compressor failed in 7 months and they said their products are not warranted in an RV.  When I told them to listen to the phone recording earlier in the year when I talked to the tech dept about putting a switch on the auto defrost because it was installed in a motorhome and could be running on batteries, they reversed their mind and gave me my money back.  I wonder if that is the same policy with the other brands they own.

Welcome to the Forum!

Haier, is the World leading company in "White Goods", at 10.2% of the World Market.  Headquarters is in Quindao, China.  Haier acquired GE in 2017 for US$ 5.7 Billion.  Service on Haier Appliances is via Home Depot or Penny's!  Ownership of Haier is rather vague, but most figure that it's 50.1% State owned and the rest via a consortium set up by Blackrock Investment, whom along with Merrill Lynch, was acquired by B of A Investments!

Carl

Just like with the appliances in your sticknbricks, they are not built to last.  The days of having the same washer/dryer for 30 years is over, or the same frig for 25 years.  

That is part of the reason we negotiated an extended coach warranty when we bought this rolling turd.  I'm thinking we have about $5,000 to $6,000 worth of appliances not counting 3 air conditioners plus the Oasis to worry about failing in the first five years.