Sign in to follow this  
whiteeagle

Recommendations on Good RV Resort near Indio CA / Palm Springs

Question

Sure there's been info on RV resorts in Indio and Palm Springs area posted and reviewed before but I went through about 15 pages of past topics and didn't find much.

We usually have spent time in Gold Canyon area and Tucson area. Thinking about spending some time in Indio area..

Went on web and several places show up... wondering from folks that have spent a winter time month or so in that area, which did you like/ Large class A towing, 2 adults, no pets.. Checking our Shadow Hills, Indian Wells, Indian Waters, Palm Springs, Indio Springs .. any negatives?

4 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, WhiteEagle said:

Sure there's been info on RV resorts in Indio and Palm Springs area posted and reviewed before but I went through about 15 pages of past topics and didn't find much.

We usually have spent time in Gold Canyon area and Tucson area. Thinking about spending some time in Indio area..

Went on web and several places show up... wondering from folks that have spent a winter time month or so in that area, which did you like/ Large class A towing, 2 adults, no pets.. Checking our Shadow Hills, Indian Wells, Indian Waters, Palm Springs, Indio Springs .. any negatives?

I would look them up in http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ and see what people say.

Bill

WhiteEagle.

Would help to know what your looking for...high end resort or on the economy plan?  Have been both ways, prefer the first.  Let me know, I'll send you a PM.

Not elaborate but higher end... Pleasant, full hook-ups nice sites in resort with nice facilities -like Canyon Vista & Gold Canyon Resort in gold Canyon AZ, Bella Terra in Foley AL, Cypress Trails in Ft Myers, Myakka River Resort in Port Charlotte, FL........... realize different parks have different plus/minuses but we enjoy all the pluses ...Likewise, if I can avoid it, just don't wish to sign in to somewhere with a strong negative feature like next to or in flight path from an airport, next to busy railroad, congested neighborhood bordering the park perimeter,  sites under dirty live oak trees, etc. 

The ones I've found around Indio CA look like nice ones with some reasonably priced and others at very high end prices ... but the two around Cathedral City appear just as nice or more with lower rates... ( Desert Shadows and Outdoor Resort).

When using Good Sam reference, 8.5 or better, If using PA, pretty much 5's, Park Reviews 4.4 or better.....