Sign in to follow this  
dm3161@aol.com

Stains on Ceiling Carpet

I have had a roof leak on my 2001 Bounder. I caulked everything on the roof, but I don't know what to do about the huge water stains on the ceiling carpet. I tried using a rental steam cleaning machine, but it didn't even phase the stains. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Donnie

have you tried spot remover for carpets.

I use it and also a stain remover for dog Pea that i buy in a pet store to get the yellow stain off my carpet when Rocky dawg has an accident.

I wonder about a mixture of bleach with some detergent mixed in it. try a hidden spot first for discoloring.

Bebop

Guest 2driftrs

We had the same stains when our skylight leaked. We used Clorox Cleanup and it worked great. Try it on some inconspicuous spot first to make sure it won't damage or discolor. And be sure to set up a fan to supply fresh air, as the stuff is just about pure bleach!

Guest Wayne77590

If you use this method, you need to test an area first.

Go to a hardware store and buy a small can of "Lacquer Thin." No substitute.

Since the carpet is upside down, get one of those real small spray bottles, put some lacquer thin in and spray the spot. (Again, check an area) Just let it evaporate and the spot "should" be gone. You will need to saturate the spot. (Again, test an area) It has worked for me on regular on the floor carpeting over the years remove tar, grease, and other staining items. I take no liable responsibility for this method. It has worked for me in the past but there is no implied guarantee that it will work for you.

I don't think i would spray lacquer on ceiling carpet because it is glued to the boards and the thinner willl cause the glue to release. Don't use anything but water based product to try and solve your problem. Just my take on it. Thanks Wilkie

Guest Wayne77590

Hmmm! I didn't get outside the box and did not think of the glue. Not like me.

Thanks.

I had the same problem some time ago in my Jayco Class C. Back then, someone suggested Oxy-Clean. I tried it & it didn't work. Then, Woolite carpet clean. No luck with that either. Only thing that worked was 50/50 bleach/water.

I believe that a RV body shop or a dealership may know someone that can paint that spot. If you have stopped the leak and cleaned the spot, they should be able to match the color. Just try not to clean it to the point that you change the texture of the carpet.

We attended Janet Trannum (www.almostheavenproducts.com) seminar in Bowling Green last year and she said or water stains use equal parts

club soda/ bleach/ hot water, spray it on and walk away.

We have used hydrogen peroxide and water and it worked very well. I also tried it on water stains on drapes and it worked fairly well.

But I would test anything first in a closet where it won't be seen first. Good luck, Ray

We attended Janet Trannum (www.almostheavenproducts.com) seminar in Bowling Green last year and she said or water stains use equal parts

club soda/ bleach/ hot water, spray it on and walk away.

We have used hydrogen peroxide and water and it worked very well. I also tried it on water stains on drapes and it worked fairly well.

But I would test anything first in a closet where it won't be seen first. Good luck, Ray

Oxy-clean works great ,mix some up in a spray bottle ,spray on and blot offf with a paper towel.

The 50/50 bleach mix probably will work. But it is very strong and if you accidentally get it on any other fabric it will bleach it.I think the Oxy-Clean products available at the grocery store are better and safer. We have used them a lot on all sorts of stains with never any damage to carpet.