srflorie

Travel from Coeur d'Alene, ID to Columbia Falls, MT (Glacier)

Question

In planning our trip this summer Google Maps gives 2 options for travel to Glacier from Coeur d'Alene. The 1rst option is I90 to 135 to 200 to 28 to 93 to 82 to 35 to 206 and it is 228 miles. Option 2 is US95 to US2 and it is 235 miles. We have a 39' diesel coach pulling a small car and speed in getting there is not a priority. Looking for the best route for drivability and scenery. This will be our first time in this area.

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, srflorie said:

In planning our trip this summer Google Maps gives 2 options for travel to Glacier from Coeur d'Alene. The 1rst option is I90 to 135 to 200 to 28 to 93 to 82 to 35 to 206 and it is 228 miles. Option 2 is US95 to US2 and it is 235 miles. We have a 39' diesel coach pulling a small car and speed in getting there is not a priority. Looking for the best route for drivability and scenery. This will be our first time in this area.

I would go up using the second route US 95 to US 2 then when you leave on state 35 south to Flathead lake. I would stay on US 93 to Elmo to Wye on I-95.

I like Jim & Mary's RV Park, 9800 US-93, Missoula, MT 59808

jimandmarys.com, (406) 549-4416.

Good spot to stay while you explore around Missoula. Missoula had 3 separate farmers markets going at the same time. If they are in season get some Flathead cherries.

Bill