srflorie

Travel from Columbia Falls, MT to West Yellowstone.

Question

After we leave Glacier we are headed to Yellowstone and Google Maps gives us 3 possible routes, one of which I am not interested. The other options are come down 35 to 83 to 200 to 141 to US 12 and back to I90 for 378 miles. The other option is 35 to 93 to I90 for 389 miles. Getting there fast is not a priority but drivability and scenery are. Again, diesel coach pulling a small car.

7 answers to this question

I would take 35 to I90. You have left off the final leg to West Yellowstone, one is take US287 at Three Forks ( just north of freeway is Wheat Montana, great sandwiches, Bread and some of the biggest cinnamon rolls ). Go south on US287, I would suggest you stop in Ennis, they have a big rig friendly park there then take a day trip up the hill to Virginia City, cont. on us287 to Quake lake than 191 to West Yellowstone.  The other route is I90 to Belgrade then 191 to West Yellowstone

Have a good trip

Jerry

20 hours ago, jerrycarp said:

I would take 35 to I90. You have left off the final leg to West Yellowstone, one is take US287 at Three Forks ( just north of freeway is Wheat Montana, great sandwiches, Bread and some of the biggest cinnamon rolls ). Go south on US287, I would suggest you stop in Ennis, they have a big rig friendly park there then take a day trip up the hill to Virginia City, cont. on us287 to Quake lake than 191 to West Yellowstone.  The other route is I90 to Belgrade then 191 to West Yellowstone

Have a good trip

Jerry

Thanks, I didn't include the final leg because both options are the same for that section. Google however does show getting off I90 at Cardwell on 359 then south to US287. Any problems with that route? Also we are actually going to Henry's Lake just west of West Yellowstone so the map shows 359 to US287 to 87 to US20.

359 to US 287 to 87 to US20 would probably be the way I would go. 

If you add your RV and some outher info to your signature you don't have to type it all the time and you will get better answers.

Have you used Google Street view to look at any of the roads?

Bill

20 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

359 to US 287 to 87 to US20 would probably be the way I would go. 

If you add your RV and some outher info to your signature you don't have to type it all the time and you will get better answers.

Have you used Google Street view to look at any of the roads?

Bill

I had my RV info in the signature once upon a time, but evidently it got deleted except for the picture. Must be forum gremlins??  I will add it back when I get a chance.

I have used Google Street View and it does not have any info for route 359, but the rest looks fine. Thanks for your help.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:17 PM, hermanmullins said:

srflorie,

With the changed made to the systems a lot of info. was dropped.

Just add it again.

Herman

Evidently they also changed the way you enter the signature. I can't figure out how to take out the spacing between the lines!