Some of the best coffee, I remember was army coffee and chickory in the green five pound can. Might have been because it was all we had.

Wife is hung up on the Keurig thing. Some times get some pretty fair coffee, next box might taste like dirt or something no familiar.

I'm trying to give up diet soft drinks altogether  and in addition I've read that coffee will give me a longer life and cure everything but warts.

I remember some some few great cups of coffee along the way but not what brand or where it was. I do remember the coffee was bright, like a good brewed glass of tea ,not stump water.

So how about nominations and votes for the best cup of coffee, how it is brewed and the brand?

While coffee is your thing, I love a good glass of cold sun tea, just put the tea bags in a gallon glass jar full of water, leave it in the sun for 8 to 10 hours, smoothest I have ever drank. My wife is in to the Keurig thing also, but it is hard to beat a good cup of brewed Folgers.

I love iced tea. Some of the sun teas, we have made had a bit of a harsh taste for want of a better word. My have been left to steep too long.

The sun can really heat up a one or two gallon glass jar or jug.

Fresh brewed from cold well or spring water sweetened to the edge, f just sweet, not over sweet, brewed so that it is very clear warm red gold brown after being poured hot, or at least very warm, over a tall glass of ice cubes, is simply glorious and has my mouth watering now. Never can get enough of it.

I have drunk some very good unsweetened tea but it requires whoever makes it to get it right, every time.

I don't drink iced sweet  much a I'm a Diabetic.

I do from time to time order less sweetened tea when eating out but you never know what you are getting and it most usually the only good thing to say about it  is it's wet and cold.

Now some places make their tea and their coffee from a Coca Cola syrup. I would like to force them to drink it. Then there is the mud which it often times or if brewed coffee grounds from a week ago burned to the bottom or something.

Those Brewers that  use flat packets are very open pored and almost always you get very thin mud.

I agree with you and you got me craving a tall glass of fresh brewed just sweet :Dtea poured over ice in a big glass.

I'm also diabetic, have not a glass of sweet tea in 50+ years, if it is brewed right you don't need sweetener to enjoy it. Here is an interesting take on tea also, if you drink it hot, like coffee, there is no caffeine, once it cools, it does contain caffeine. I love mine over plenty of ice, just put a piece of lemon in, not squeezed, just a hint. If you make it or coffee using regular tap water, be sure to clean the faucet that it is drawn from weekly with vinegar, this removes that musty taste from the water and improves the taste a lot.:)

We use a Keirig with the fill your own flip lid cups. Most of the time we use Folgers, but wive uses decaf and I use regular. Both happy. 

Folgers from the percolator for me, black and no sugar. The DW likes her Keurig with god only knows what brand she chooses. She love McDonald's coffee (Senior).

Herman

DW drinks sweet tea all the time, I cant stand it...too sweet for me, water between tea's. For me lemon water mostly, milk or coffee. I like those donut shop keurig K-cups. I don't drink coffee daily anymore, just when I need a pick up, like today :P

Folgers in the coffee maker for us!  Although we do use a Keurig at home with McDonalds McCafe cups.

Both are pretty good!

I've had Dunkin Donuts brand. Got some in the coach. McDonalds too. Both pretty good but not the same as the few excellent cups, I have had somewhere.

Freshly ground coffee in a vintage Farberware percolator. We grind the coffee slightly course to keep it in the basket.

Something about the sound of the percolator and watching it going through the little clear bubble on the lid that bring me back to my grandmother's house every time.

Grand Ma and Mama both used those perculators. Whenever the Traveling Salesman came by one or twice a month, in the old 30's or so open sided predecessor to the Suburban wagon, came around you could hear the new aluminum perculators and all sorts of kitchen and other hardware clanging on hooks. She had  blue speckled perculators and white ones then the aluminum ones, which for some reason didn't last long on the wood cook stove. I wasn't allowed to drink coffee but remember the sound and the smell.

My paw in-law used one of those blue speckled ones on the an old box shaped wood heater. He put the coffee on at 3 am, just coffee in the water, woke everybody a 5, then put one cup of cold water in the boiling coffee to make the grounds drop to the bottom. I told my wife the first time that I saw this that he didn't need to get out of his chair to pour for the group, all he needed was a pair of scissors to snip it off before going to the next.:)

Been there done all of that with coffee.  Now Kurig is Paul Newman's Own for DW and I'm a Community Club, or Walmart Arabic type person.  For the big pot brewer we are Dunkin Donuts fans and grind our own.

Timetraveler --

My father (who passed away two years ago at the age of 93) was a staff sergeant in WWII and the Korean War and also like "Army Coffee".   For many years following the Korean War, he brewed Folgers or Maxwell House coffee as in the 1960's and 1970's that was all that was available in Wyoming.   My career with Conoco (now Phillips 66) took me to Lake Charles, LA for a few years where I had him try Community Coffee with Chicory and Community Between Roast (a medium-dark roast coffee).  He loved them both!  Every few months I would send him several one pound bags.   Community has three medium-dark roasts coffees I love -- Between Roast, Café Special and House Blend.

Community was late getting into the Keurig arena as they wanted full assurance that packaging their coffee into K-Cups would provide the same quality hot coffee drink their customers have enjoyed for decades.   Just a couple of year ago, Community began selling their coffee in K-Cups.   Their is no difference in a cup of Community Coffee brewed from a K-cup or from a ten cup coffee maker.

Community Coffee K-Cups and one pound bags are available in stores from Houston to New Orleans or can be ordered from the Community Coffee website --> https://www.communitycoffee.com/

Give Community Coffee a try and enjoy some southern comfort !   I make a cup each morning in my Keurig to enjoy during my drive to work at Phillips 66 HQ.

Preference is Community Club Dark Roast, then Community Club with Chicory, and every once in a while Community Club Pecan.  DW doesn't care for CC so it is my specific brew when using K-Cups.

They got CC in a lot of States now...all I ever drank while working.  Mike, Exxon-Phillip was in the North Sea (might still be), I worked for them, on the "Echofisk" platform and we would get regular shipments off CC with/without chicory. 1969 to 1976...I'm in Oslo, Norway each year and it's still popular, especially at the "Cajun Restaurant", opened by a Cajun who married a local, when he retired as a Company Man for Exxon....I'll be back to see him August 20.

I'd love to try the Chicory one. Can't get good food let alone good coffee up here. We plan on shopping next month while in NM and TX