mweiner

Mercedes Sprinter 3500 - Shocks and struts?

OK,  I'm told that I need new shocks on my 2012 Roadtrek Adventurous....  and driving over uneven pavement or rough roads,  the entire coach does rock and the cabinets bang around.... I certainly don't like that..

After talking with a company who sells and recommends Koni FSD shocks.... they are also recommending me to install a trac bar,  and/or an auxiliary sway bar... 

I've decided that putting the shocks on is a good idea.... BUT,  if you had to choose between the Trac Bar or the Anti sway bar... which one would you choose and WHY???

The only other issue I've encountered while driving behind semi trucks is the feeling of the "wind" being drawing me in and causing a little wobble....  

Lastly,  i could just install the shocks and struts and see how it feels and go from there....  Do you think that's a reasonable plan??

Any thoughts???

Mark, the Sprinter should be equipped with a sway bar from the factory, most likely undersized for the application but none the less it should be there. I would follow Brett's recommendation, then look into the Track bar as my 2nd step.