Last year I was in an accident.  I took the RV to a recommended company by my insurance company.  The company was the only one in my area, so this is why I chose it.  A couple of months after getting the RV back, I noticed bubbling in the area that was repaired.  So I contacted the company, and took the RV back over the Thanksgiving holidays.   Before getting it out of the shop, the owner wanted to keep it longer because it started bubbling up again.  Since I live in my RV full-time, that was not possible at the time, as I have to make arrangements with borrowing my parents 5th wheel.  After my vacation a few months later, I took it back.  Before the two weeks is up after getting it back out of the shop, I noticed 5 bubbles.  I contacted the company, along with my insurance company.  The owner is a lost for words, as the last time, he did exactly what DuPont recommended.  The bubbles is in the dark area only.  I have a 2006 Newmar Ventana.  I would like to know if anyone has experienced this, or happens to know what can be done to fix the problem.  Thanks for your assistance.

20180413_061050_001.jpg

It's either moisture or gas coming from the fiberglass and gel coat repair. The paint, sealant and gel coat need to be removed and reapplied properly. Find either a body shop familiar with working on Corvettes or a boat repair shop. Your insurance company steered you to the wrong shop. The shop telling you they followed the DuPont procedure indicates they think it's a paint problem, it's not. Good luck, welcome to this forum and let us know how it works out for you.

On 4/27/2018 at 0:15 AM, lidavis1965 said:

Last year I was in an accident.  I took the RV to a recommended company by my insurance company.  The company was the only one in my area, so this is why I chose it.  A couple of months after getting the RV back, I noticed bubbling in the area that was repaired.  So I contacted the company, and took the RV back over the Thanksgiving holidays.   Before getting it out of the shop, the owner wanted to keep it longer because it started bubbling up again.  Since I live in my RV full-time, that was not possible at the time, as I have to make arrangements with borrowing my parents 5th wheel.  After my vacation a few months later, I took it back.  Before the two weeks is up after getting it back out of the shop, I noticed 5 bubbles.  I contacted the company, along with my insurance company.  The owner is a lost for words, as the last time, he did exactly what DuPont recommended.  The bubbles is in the dark area only.  I have a 2006 Newmar Ventana.  I would like to know if anyone has experienced this, or happens to know what can be done to fix the problem.  Thanks for your assistance.

20180413_061050_001.jpg

Where are you located.

Bill