fagnaml

Diesel and Gasoline Prices

42 minutes ago, fagnaml said:

Does anyone know of a "Gas Buddy" type site for diesel fuel?

No problem on Gas Buddy.  Once the page opens (regular is the default),  just click on diesel.

In Texas, it's Buckeye the Beaver!  I go to any Truck Stop that has a lot of trucks....Do not like old diesel. 

3 minutes ago, manholt said:

In Texas, it's Buckeye the Beaver!  I go to any Truck Stop that has a lot of trucks....Do not like old diesel. 

YUP!

I'll get over paying a few cents more per gallon, bottoming the coach out or getting stale fuel will ruin any trip, not likely I'll get over that anytime in the near future. 

Buc-ees is, at least right now, one of the least expensive places in Texas to buy diesel.

And, while I guess there could be exceptions, if a station is the least expensive in the area, they generally move a LOT of volume.  Poster child for that is the HEB grocery store in Del Rio (on U.S. 90 between San Antonio and Alpine/Big Bend).  Their fuel station generally has several 18 wheelers at a time filling up there.

High volume, low price.

Not always true...Love's, T/A, and Pilot, is the opposite Poster child.  2 weeks ago, Love's on  I-10W was $2.85 cash $2.92 CC, I took the Igloo exit and paid $2.70 CC...that truck stop is also very busy!

Always go to the hyper high volume truck stops. Regardless of price. If you need diesel fuel and shop price only, you may wind up spending a lot of $$$  fixing a poorly running engine. I once talked to a Flying J diesel hauler in Amarillo. Company owned truck and  there were at least two working round the clock. The store pumped a huge amount of diesel. The driver told me how much. I was staggered. Never got any bad fuel there.

Carl has it right. Shop volume, not price.