REBriggs

Wiper seals

3 hours ago, Rebriggs said:

The wiper seal on my bedroom seal isn't flipping over when the slide-out is extended. Does anyone have a fix for this and what I can use?

A number of slides have seals that flip when the slides are extended and retracted, because that is how they work. So it you could attach a picture of the seal(s) causing you concern. The information  you get would be directly related to the item.

Rich. 

If it is the wiper seal that flips when you extend or retract it is only a wiper. It doesn't seal the MH from rain. The seal for protection from the elements is around the frame inside and the outer edge of the slide when extended. 

Now if you really want to have the wiper seal look nice for aesthetic reasons, use the back of the awning rod, the rounded edge, and slip it under the seal and work it up. You don't need a lot of pressure.  You can also use the back side of the hooked end.  You have to be careful and if you feel resistance be especially careful not to tear the seal.

Another method I used was to spray 303 on a rag and the rag in the rounded end of the awning rod and work it up on the inside of the seal.  Then wipe the outside of the seal with 303. I then would spray the side of the slide.  Amazing how that helped until the next time.  Dry silicone should work also. RV stores have a slide seal spray also but I have never used it.  Do not use a petroleum based product on the rubber or side of the slide.

I just flip it  with the awning rod if I think about it. It is no big deal. I have heard of people putting a bead of sealant on the side of the slideout to flip it but I never cared enough to do that.

I installed 3m automotive body side moulding to flip mine. I got tired of messing with them, especially in the rain. I put it right on the edge of the existing black edge. A little hard to see in the photos.

3943EEBB-114C-41BF-A53F-B4457C8FDAAF.jpeg

4E96B7BB-34AA-42F2-81D1-4CC466560E5A.jpeg

F6FE48DC-6341-4057-B7D3-DF921DF4AB88.jpeg