eaglespirit

Best Satellite systems for minimum tv use

We have two new Roku tvs for our Class A. We only travel during the summer. We do not have  a Dish or other systems at home. What is our best option for receiving a few channels when traveling? I know we can get some service in campgrounds. What about boondocking? Don't want to spend a fortune for a news channel.

That's the problem.  I have Dish on the MH, but to get the news feeds, you are charged an additional fee for about 10 stations.  Crap like CNN and others similar when all I want is Fox and Fox Business News.  Clever packaging.  Upside is you can suspend service and are charged $5 a month.  It might work for you if you only rv part time of the year.  Oh and if you go with them, tell them you do not want their Silver Protection Package which they try to automatically add on.  I mean, you're mobile and they are not coming out to your house to solve a problem.

We use the Winegard Roadstar over-the-air antenna and can usually get at least a few stations in every place we go, at least enough to get the morning news and such. Free and no monthly fees once the antenna is bought and installed.

If we are somewhere with absolutely no reception we use either wifi or our cell service to catch up on headlines.

For those places with absolutely nothing (no TV, no cell, no wifi) we count our blessings and stay blissfully ignorant of what's going on.

I have the Razor for local news & DIRETV for everything else....on the road around 6 + months a year.  However, I totally agree with Richard's last line!!!