riverman

Verizon FMCA Unlimited plan

riverman   

I joined FMCA this morning, headed to the Verizon store,  and had my unlimited hotspot in a few minutes.

I paid just one cent for a new hotspot... amazing.

The plan works great!

Thanks FMCA

manholt   

riverman.  Welcome to FMCA and the Forum!

What kind of rig do you have?  5 er or MH?

Your the first one that I have read about, that went to Verizon Store, maybe that is the answer and not try it over the phone!!!

Carl C.

riverman   

I went to the Verizon store with my form that I got from FMCA, and I had to have my drivers license and a FMCA MEMBERSHIP CARD too.

I did not have the membership card as I just joined this morning, so I called FMCA membership services and they emailed me a card in a few minutes.

Then, the Verizon guy scanned my membership card into his computer and then it went right through and I was approved.

His computer showed the unlimited deal, but the rate was $90 a month.

So, he told me to call Verizon and the lady changed the rate to $49 whatever in a few seconds.

I paid my ONE CENT for the hotspot, turned it on and it connected immediately... then left the store.

Moonwink   

Welcome to the FMCA RVing family. 

I just wish "unlimited" truly meant unlimited.  After you use 15Gb, you're subject to being throttled - at least that's how my unlimited plan works.   

Moonwink,

You need to check with Verizon because the throttle back is at 25 GB and not at 15 GB. And is does throttle down severely then.

Herman

wolfe10   

We are with Verizon, but not on an FMCA plan.

We are throttled back at 15 PER DEVICE.

We are throttled back at 25 TOTAL.

You might want to verify that you have/don't have the same restrictions.  By managing which device we use, we are able to to a lot on the internet and stream movies quite often.

Moonwink   

I remember being told when I signed up for the plan, I was told the throttling would kick in at 22Gb and that it was per device.  Since then, I notice they must have changed those terms and throttling begins at 15Gb and my monthly statement says that is "shared" between devices now.  Funny how things evolve in favor of the provider. 

I signed on with Verizon while they were offering 4 devices for $160.  That broke down to $80 for the plan and $20 for each device.  Since then, terms have changed.  The plan is now $110 plus $20 per device.  The plan is now called "The new Verizon Plan Unlimited Plan"  The discounts reduce the $110 charge to $93.50 - $10 for autopay and paper free (online billing).  That brings the total down to $83.50 for the plan plus $20 for each device.  Right now I've got two phones and a hot spot.  The total monthly bill is around $153 after surcharges and taxes.  If my daughter ever gets her Sprint account straight, I'll port her phone to our account for another $20 as the 4th device.

(As a veteran, they give me a 15% discount on the "plan".  I gave them my bank account number so they can pull money out of my account on the due date and got another $10/month discount.)

jpmihalk   

I can tell you after talking with Verizon engineers at length that this plan is basically CAPPED at 25GB. When it says you will be downgraded at 25GB, it is to 1G standards (70kbps.) That is not even close to unlimited as that is unusable in the modern world. Web pages take minutes to load. I got my Jetpack on Thursday, watched some movies, played some Xbox games... and the next thing you know, it just simply stopped. Checked my data usage and it said 25GB... as a former IT manager I did some troubleshooting before calling Verizon. They ended up telling me that the plan that was negotiated with FMCA is basically NOT unlimited as it is for all practical purposes capped at 25GB. After that it operates at dial up speeds. Since I am a consumer of a large amount of data (on my AT&T plan we regularly use 250-300GB per month) this strikes me as a very badly worded promotion... it is not UNLIMITED. I got this Jetpack as a backup to when my AT&T MiFi didn't have coverage - it isn't going to work for me.

Of course Verizon couldn't tell me how to cancel my Jetpack/FMCA plan without eating the $175 ETF but I am in the 14 day window and rest assured, it is being returned. The FMCA website NEEDS to be updated so this plan is not being misrepresented. I have been around cellular data for over 20 years. Other carriers may throttle down to 3G or even 2G speeds. This is worse. I wonder if anyone at FMCA was aware of that when promoting the plan.

I also have the Verizon "Unlimited Plan" with a 22 gig cap until dropping from 4g to 3g. My plan when I moved from 12 gig to unlimited, dropped from $80.00 monthly, to $65.00, joy, joy, joy. Well, guess what, the new plan actually stayed at 4g until I reached 22 gig, for two months, the third month it dropped from 4g to 1g, that's 70 kbs as jpmihawk stated. I called Verizon to complain and was told that is the way it is, and they didn't need my business anyway. But was told in the same conversation that 10 gig was for a single hotspot, but I could use another one and get 10 more gig for that one, so I ordered a second mifi. Then next month I got a notice that the 10 gig was now 15 gig. That helped some, but I still ran short of data before throttling. I read the terms of the Verizon FMCA agreement and found that the 25 gig in that agreement is for one hotspot before throttling. I certainly agree that throttling is in no way "Unlimited", but I have come to the conclusion that Verizon is to say the least a shady bit from being a pure at heart type of data company, although I do still love their coverage here in the southeast, as compared to any of the others, including ATT.

I just joined and reached out to Verizon to get a mifi hotspot via a call to their customer service.  It took them a while to figure out which MiFi I should get for the .01.  That part worked perfect (5/7/2018).  So I received my Mifi in the Mail today and when I called Verizon Wireless Customer service to get my Rate Plan changed to our Group rate with Unlimited Data.   I am being told this was an old Rate and it was not being offered anymore.   Has anyone else experienced this?  Do we have a customer rep that we can call directly to get the rate plan changed?

Update:  Verizon figured it out,  I had a Gizmo on the same account where I was putting the mifi number.   so they had to remove my Gizmo then add the Gizmo back to the account after adding the FMCA plan.   I was told these devices were and maybe our contract was for single devices.   Just the Mifi on a single number account.