riverman

Verizon FMCA Unlimited plan

Ditto. I used mine for part of a day to watch TV when we were at a campground where our DISH satellite was blocked by trees, and I maxed out. I now have no useable internet for the rest of our trip - another week - and I have work to do. The Verizon support tech said the FMCA plan was actually unlimited, and had me go to a Verizon store to get a new SIM card - complete waste of time. I’m very upset.

Very important!  If your on the original pre paid plan, DO NOT USE IT IN CANADA!  You will incur Roaming Fees, I got billed for $1,012 last month!!!  I now use Linda's post paid Verizon plan, no fees!   

I work very part time. Wanted the TV on at night. Had no idea streaming TV would max out the jetpack in a few hours. 

*Throughout of data speeds will be limited should 25GB of data be used within a given bill cycle

That's right off the FMCA  web page. 

Not sure why people are surprised they are being throttled.

Can anyone tell me what the total bill is with fees and taxes?

1 hour ago, ebourlet said:

*Throughout of data speeds will be limited should 25GB of data be used within a given bill cycle

That's right off the FMCA  web page. 

Not sure why people are surprised they are being throttled.

Can anyone tell me what the total bill is with fees and taxes?

Simply because to most people UNLIMITED means just that UNLIMITED.  If there was any truth in advertising, cell phone providers wouldn't be able to get away with lying in their offering like they do.  I'll admit throttling is better than abruptly turning off all data when their arbitrary limits are reached but it's still a slap in the face to find out you've been reduced to dail-up speeds and it's still early in the month.

We were aware of the throttling but the lie we were told was throttling would only occur in congested (Verizon) markets.  Well in reality they must all be congested.  Wife has Amazon Fire Sticks and they do a pretty good job of downloading data even at throttled speeds, enough so that we can stream movies from Netflix. 

Maybe they changed the FMCA pages but it clearly says it will be limited not may be limited on the two pages I find the plan explained.  I think I'm going to go with OTA its a little more money but no caps.

22 hours ago, ebourlet said:

Maybe they changed the FMCA pages but it clearly says it will be limited not may be limited on the two pages I find the plan explained.  I think I'm going to go with OTA its a little more money but no caps.

Tell us where to find information on "OTA"

I did not look at all the reviews but I just wanted to say the Jetpack can not be used in Canada. I called Verizon and they said I can use the data on my phone not the jet pack. I almost received a text message that stated I was limited to .5 gig per day on my phone plan.  I did not verify. 

OTA is what we call (over the air), nothing to do with data, but the open signals that we receive with an antenna for television, I have not found a data plan yet named OTA, maybe ebourlet will let us in on the secret.:P

Sanger.  Welcome to the Forum!

You are correct on all counts in Canada!  We just spent 63 days there, doing the Eastern Provinces.  Half a gig per day and it's controlled by "Roger" or "Bell", that's plenty since towers are few and far between!  Found out that our Direct TV worked every day, even as far NE as St. Anthony, Newfoundland.  We got internet in Labrador, up to Red Bay.

My bill on the FMCA Jet Pack is $51.73 a month!  Linda is on another plan, $180.  I used my Jet Pack for 3 days in Canada by mistake = $1,051 in roaming! :angry: