tomsol

TOAD Vehicle Base Plate

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee Overland with Active Drive 2, it has a set of hooks at the front for winching when 4 wheeling, would I still require a base plate

toallow me to flat tow?

No, on my Jeep Wrangler.  I use the "D" ring holes on each side of my Winch....I do have a 3/16" steel bumper, that has been bolted and welded to frame! :D

I pull from the bumper and no base plate also. Approved by the bumper manufacture. I have safety chains bolted behind the bumper that I store in the skid plate, drop them down and snap the safety chains. Roadmaster makes the adapters to do so depending on your pin size for their bars. 

https://www.etrailer.com/Base-Plates/Roadmaster/RM-035-1.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9MLAu6f02gIVB2SGCh2GGwxEEAQYASABEgLdcfD_BwE

Ironically they also fit a Demco bar, not a Blue Ox. :P

IMG_3946.JPG

IMG_3947.JPG

That's the cross bar that mount on both sides of the base plate....OP asked if he had to have a "base Plate" on toad.  As you know, I have a highly modified and tricked out JK, It's being towed without a plate.....main reason for my set up, is more ground clearance, when 4 wheeling!