jleamont

Tankless water heater parallel to Aquahot

Update, for kicks last night I showed in the coach at home to give this an actual test run. OMG was it hot! I had to run the faucet in the center (single knob design) just so I could stand it. DW should be happy now. One thing I hadn't thought about, there is no warm up time like the Aquahot.

I will often shut our Aquahot off when we day trip along with the campsite water (just in case we spring a leak). Upon returning back I turn on the diesel and electric but you have to wait for it to warm up the 16 gallon boiler, not with this tankless unit. You literally flip the switch in the bathroom, turn on the faucet count to 10 and its piping hot. 

I also put on this shower head, https://oxygenics.com/products/bodyspa-adventure-rv/. That was a mistake! Its like showering with a pressure washer that hits you on a 2-3" circle. Got to find a suitable replacement with a rain soaking wide pattern. The one that came with the coach is worn out, the gold plating inside keeps coming loose and clogging it up, honestly its still better than that one in the link above. 

On 5/10/2018 at 10:29 AM, jleamont said:

Five, unit was $1125 to my door, extension pipe for the exhaust, clamps, hangers, PEX tubing and elbows, propane hose, (20 gallon LPG grill tank already had extras), TWO propane tank holders DOT approved with strapping, (I carry an extra 20 gallons of propane) stainless exhaust outlet. Total out of pocket $1240.00

The project took me about 4 hours from start to finish. The hardest part was drilling the air inlet and exhaust holes in the floor, trying to miss the cross beams on a Semi Monocoque chassis was a bit challenging and utilizing the space so our junk would fit back in

Thanks, that's much cheaper than an AH system.

Bill, it’s tiny but packs one heck of a punch! And 12 VDC jus to power the circuits. Great for boondocking!

Joe.  I replaced mine with a Delta, 6 adjustment head, it's on a hand held/hands free hose and cost $44 at Low's!  They have them at Amazon also.

Joe.

The cheapest way is to scrub it down with a grease cutter and re apply gold flake, then apply a couple of coats of clear....any Hobby Shop has it.  About $40

10 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe.

The cheapest way is to scrub it down with a grease cutter and re apply gold flake, then apply a couple of coats of clear....any Hobby Shop has it.  About $40

You think they have brushed nickle also that would cover up the gold?

Spray on chrome, don't know about Nickel.  I used the gold on my shower in house.  Chrome did not look right with white marble.

Back when Gold was the rage on cars, I remember there was a process where they would do the small chrome pieces on a car while still on the car. I wonder if any of those folk that did this are still around. It was done with an electrical charge of some sort as I remember.

Herman

Joe, my mind is real slow this morning....what valve, in or out!  same with water outlet, from where too?

Herman, I want the gold out! The knob assembly looks pretty standard, its the water hose outlet that i'm worried about. 

Joe, nickel kits on ebay, those valves are pretty standard at most box stores. If you buy the kit, will come with a new hose outlet to match. Sams club near me has a real good looking shower assembly, I used it in the bus, works great.

Joe, sorry, Gold Out Chrome In. Got it.

Does anyone remember the shower Bill Adams put in his Prevost. It was a nice installation.

Joe, I will bet your DW would love like he installed.

Herman

Joe, Amazon!

Or Sam's Club. Wall Mart online, Low's on line, Home Depot on line, Ace Hardware, True value hardware, Delta or Standard or Kolher on line, PPL Parts Dept. on line and last, but not least....Any Marine store!

Off topic, But I have found that a good source for many items is WalMart. I have found an item I need, found a source, got a price them went to Walmart and saved money (most of the time).

So find what you want for the shower and look to WalMart with the Items Part Number and you just might save Bucks.

Herman

I looked today but none show the water outlet on-line. I’ll have to do some more digging. I want the replacement to be the same or larger to cover up and marks from it being installed for so long. 

When I bought the shower head I found the new packaging annoying, you can’t seen what’s in the package nor does any of it have information as to what’s included be it online or in your hand. I hate to knife open all the packages at the home center :P. And my real favorite when they come to ask you if you need help, immediately shut you down and tell you none of their plumbing will fit an RV and walk away :angry:

Herman, thanks for the suggestion.

See, that's what you get for being in PA!  In Texas, they'll give you suggestions on where you might find, what your looking for!  Most also realize, that what's in a RV is also in your home....

Herman, your not off subject or topic! 

UPDATE; DW is happy, so happy she wont admit it, well she told the kids.."don't tell your father, he was right, this is fantastic" :lol:. In 20 years of marriage, that has to be one of the only times I have heard that :lol:

Now if she could figure out what she wants for dinners, we'd be all set :lol:

So far we have had 37 showers with the heater and no cooler temperatures experienced as with the Aquahot. Propane tank is still full (20 gallon BBQ style).

The only concern is my wife now takes longer showers when on full hookup :wacko:

Carl, remind me to show you this next week.