jleamont

Tankless water heater parallel to Aquahot

Had enough of our Aquahot and it’s only able to provide CONTINUOUS how water in the shower for maybe 15 minutes. 

I went all out and installed a Precision Temp RV550NSP tankless and plumbed it to the shower hot side. 

Link;

https://precisiontemp.com/products/rv-550-nsp/

Problem with Aquahot (especially older models) they only can provide 55 degrees of water temperature rise, when your water coming in is 37 (37+55= 92 aka mad DW :wacko:). I have never had a cooler shower as I don’t take that much time, her...well not so lucky. The Aquahot will come on strong but it’s not a direct fired water heater, said another way the water coil picks up heat from being wrapped around a boiler that is hot. It also doesn’t turn on when water flows which gives it an opportunity to cool down and recovery just isn’t fast enough. A true tankless water heater come on immediately when water flows through it.

This unit provides 88 degrees continuous. I just wrapped up the Exhaust final touches. I ran it a few weeks ago on a test and the shower never dropped below 125 degrees for 45 minutes. 

Here’s some photos; I changed the tips to match both heater systems.

00D2B2CB-79CD-41F2-89A9-7AAD9E01C9E4.jpeg

56A8DBC0-C270-4A40-98CE-455D88C2F502.jpeg

46C2556B-6C3A-442C-9408-1F8C1EEEF719.jpeg

13 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Great now the DW won't be beating you up.:D:P I believe you were motivated to solve that problem.B)

Bill

Yeah, if I got my tail handed to me one more time for that water temperature issue this coach would have been up for sale and I might have been part of the package deal :lol:

Looks good.  Is that "bondo" on the lower bay door?  Hard for me to relate to cold shower, never had that problem with my AH.  Linda will take a shower, then me and there is no cold spots or decrease in temp!  We do not require "boiling" water! :blink:  My mother was a Dermatologist, "too hot water, over 104 degrees, is not healthy"!  Hot water, is like a steam bath, it opens the pores, then once clean, you want to close the pores, by taking a cool shower! :)  That consultation is free of charge, since I don't have a License! :lol:

Jim, 

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1527_1034_1056

Carl, that is a reflection of the exhaust hanger box and a sheet of cardboard I was laying on, the paint on this coach is like a mirror. Make sure you tell her that when you meet her in a few weeks, give me a warning first, so I can start to sprint away :lol:

2 minutes ago, manholt said:

Think again!  I'll let Linda do it...they communicate on a different level, than us! :lol::blink:

:lol: LOL, yes they do!

You and I would get scalded probably for the approach and delivery of the message they will laugh about it. 20 years of marriage taught me a good bit but still learning! B)

I cant wait for the first RV expert at a campground to tell me that Cummins wont breathe right through those little tail pipes :lol: 

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

cant wait for the first RV expert at a campground to tell me that Cummins wont breathe right through those little tail pipes :lol: 

Tell them that it's a new mandate by the EPA, increases fuel efficency by 100%.:rolleyes: And by the way, great job on the tankless.

Nice job, Joe.  Would you care to share the cost with us...excluding your very high labor cost of course?:D

2 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Tell them that it's a new mandate by the EPA, increases fuel efficency by 100%

Hybrid coach, back up for hills is a Briggs and Stratton OHV LPG :lol:

Five, unit was $1125 to my door, extension pipe for the exhaust, clamps, hangers, PEX tubing and elbows, propane hose, (20 gallon LPG grill tank already had extras), TWO propane tank holders DOT approved with strapping, (I carry an extra 20 gallons of propane) stainless exhaust outlet. Total out of pocket $1240.00

The project took me about 4 hours from start to finish. The hardest part was drilling the air inlet and exhaust holes in the floor, trying to miss the cross beams on a Semi Monocoque chassis was a bit challenging and utilizing the space so our junk would fit back in

4 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe, I didn't see it anywhere, is your Tankless WH diesel or propane?

Herman

Propane

5 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Thanks,

Cold water has a "T" just before the Aquahot, that line comes up and over into the tankless unit as the "blue" line in the photo. They are all routed for full access to the Aquahot for routine maintenance, No obstructions! The red out goes right back into the bay and is connected to the shower hot line which is removed from the manifold and connected with a Shark bite. If something goes wrong I can release the shark bite, reconnect the line to the Hot water manifold and open the valve and its back to the factory design. I actually considered pulling ball valves in to redirect the water flow, but I figured that would be over engineering.

I ran their wall mounted tankless water heater from this company (same internal specs) in the last coach for 6 years, never had a problem other than couldn't get my DW out of the shower. 

2 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

And by the way, great job on the tankless.

Thanks Kay!

I was running it for the first time, DW comes out "well i see you got it working" how do you know that? There is a steam cloud rolling out of the roof vent and water vapor is running down the side of the coach :o 

2 hours ago, manholt said:

The young dude has talent.

Thanks Carl! 

Joe/ thought you got rid of propane tank. Oh well. What goes around sometimes comes around.😎

Ditto, X3, works the same for "Significant Other"!  The only difference between DW & SO.  Is a piece of paper, ring and I do! :lol::blink:

8 hours ago, manholt said:

Is a piece of paper, ring and I do!

If that happens I better get an invite! :lol:B)