rnhelms

Shurflo water pump

Need to replace a Shurflo water pump, model 2088-422-174 and unable to locate this part number on the internet.   What is a replacement part number so the connections match along with GPM flow?   Have any of you had this issue?

Thanks, Roger Hewlms

Roger,

Hard one to answer since we have no info on the coach, type, year and so forth. What is more we are not parts guys where the part number would mean something. That said the pumps are pretty generic and for the most part are very interchangeable. Fittings are the same in most coaches and with minor changes other pumps can be installed very easily. The pump information about it's input requirements and out put requirements are on the label unless it is missing could be perhaps of some help. There are much better pimps out there that supply much better water flow, GPM. Otherwise take it out and go to a n RV supply house like Camping World and proccure one, at least use that trip to identify that it is either an unusual model or that infact the current designs is useable as the fittings across the units are very universal. Then I would go home and get on the net and find it for less money on Amazon. You could Google it and maybe find it for even less. Either way look for free shipping so your costs are held to a minimum.

Hope this helps, but take some time and complete yout signature with info about your coach so we all know how to be more precise. Note below mine

B

28 minutes ago, rsbilledwards said:

Roger,

Hard one to answer since we have no info on the coach, type, year and so forth. What is more we are not parts guys where the part number would mean something. That said the pumps are pretty generic and for the most part are very interchangeable. Fittings are the same in most coaches and with minor changes other pumps can be installed very easily. The pump information about it's input requirements and out put requirements are on the label unless it is missing could be perhaps of some help. There are much better pimps out there that supply much better water flow, GPM. Otherwise take it out and go to a n RV supply house like Camping World and proccure one, at least use that trip to identify that it is either an unusual model or that infact the current designs is useable as the fittings across the units are very universal. Then I would go home and get on the net and find it for less money on Amazon. You could Google it and maybe find it for even less. Either way look for free shipping so your costs are held to a minimum.

Hope this helps, but take some time and complete yout signature with info about your coach so we all know how to be more precise. Note below mine

B

Thanks for the info.

Roger, take the number you have, go to WalMart put the number in and see what price you find. If you are changing your pump you can up grade if you like.

Herman 

2 hours ago, RNHelms said:

Need to replace a Shurflo water pump, model 2088-422-174 and unable to locate this part number on the internet.   What is a replacement part number so the connections match along with GPM flow?   Have any of you had this issue?

Thanks, Roger Hewlms

Are you sure that you have to replace the whole pump assembly? On my Shurflo, I just replaced the pump head with the pressure switch.  The pump wouldn't run because the pressure switch let the smoke out.  The easy way to check it is to bypass the pressure switch to see if the motor wiill run.  

Basically you can replace the pump with almost any rv pump.  The fittings have a flex hose to each port to isolate the pump noise so location of the fittings is not critical. As mentioned you can upgrade if you wish to a higher volume pump but remember that may increase you water usage.

If replacing with a higher output pump (which will draw more amps), make sure your fuses/switches/relays are sized to accommodate the larger pump.