manholt

instrument & Allison touch pad lights

When I turn on my Fog lights or Parking lights (Same rocker switch), the Instruments &  Touch pad lights go off.  When I turn on, only head lights, everything is on (also a rocker switch)!

Started yesterday, in a heavy T/S, about an hour from RV Park.  Everything was on and checked out in park and first 60 miles!

No, sir!  Checked on that when I got home.  We had a torrential rain storm, last Tuesday (my coach was out and so was Linda's), wind was 63 steady for an hour, with 80/90+ gusts!  Blew down some big,, old Live Oaks, roots and all, along with snapping mature trees in half !  Next day we left for a Rally, 137 miles north and returned yesterday.  Before we got to house, we ran into the western edge of a 2" an hour rain storm, that had hit Burnet 2 hours earlier...dumped another 4.5 inches out of rain gauge!

When I turn fog light switch on, all cluster lights go off...turn switch off and everything else comes on!  Would there be a relay switch after the fog/parking light switch?? 

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Would there be a relay switch after the fog/parking light switch?? 

Not likely, its all computerized, definitely sounds like one got wet or you lost a ground somewhere. Where is all of that type of stuff located besides the LF corner? Example; I have RF and LR electrical compartments. 

Crawl down near your foot area while driving, any carpet wet or along side of the drivers seat console floor wet? 

Letting it rest until I hear from TCC.  They are taking care of a unrelated problem, I think...my DS Slide Out needs new rubber seals!

17 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Carl,

Give it a day or two to dry out and then check again. This should tell you if the rain caused the problem or there is a short somehwere.

Herman

I agree, def sounds like something got wet. Might just be very minor. Major wetness usually pops a fuse. Time to check seals and all connections, etc, etc. Waiting for things to dry out can be very stressful so some adult beverage might be in order.

Joe.  That seal disappeared & the remaining one is in a couple of pieces.  It's the round rubber that goes across the top and sides of inside, makes a tight seal between slide and wall, when out.

Punxsy.  Agreed.

Forgot to update. Turned out to be a cracked low beam light.  Replaced, with new light and all's been good since.  Now, if I can only find the leak in PS slide out....:rolleyes: