Vegasmailman

RV flooring replacement in Las Vegas

I know this will be a very small group of individuals who can provide information about replacing RV flooring in a RV.,  So far, I have only been able to get an estimate from Apache RV here, which specialiies in doing custom work in RV.  I am sure there work in great, but really  don't want o pay 10,000 for floor replacing thru out the coach.   He stated that the value when sold would recovered that cost, I cannot see that, but  might be correct.  My point of this post has anyone ever had their tile and carpet replacement by any other local company, such as tile companies.  Would really like to hear from you if you have.  Apache RV stated could take up to one week to do, tile installer told he could do it all in 6 hours(doesn't sound right).  

R. LeBlanc,

Not in Vegas but we have Erniee her on the Forum that does nothing but RV flooring. However he is in Weatherford, Texas.

One of the Best.

Herman

Herman.  I think he has moved, still in Texas, but closer to Red River.  I do not believe he does tile/rug!

We just had the carpeting in our coach replaced by a good friend who is a certified flooring installer. He has done a number of RV installs in the past. I actually had the conversation with him about finding someone to do the work, since if it wasn't for him we would not have known where to turn.

I just checked out the website for the certified flooring installers, and they don't list anyone in your area. That doesn't really mean anything though, since I'm sure that there is more than one place to get training and certification. Seems like the place to start would be to talk to the people who run a couple of the privately-owned flooring stores and ask who they know in the area that have done RV installs in the past. This is a specialized type of installer you're looking for, and word of mouth will probably be the best way to find someone. Probably best to stay away from box stores and chain flooring outlets, as they may not have as deep a resource stack as the smaller stores. Once you find someone and talk to them, then it's just the standard procedure of getting references from other RV owners and check them out.

We have a 35-foot coach without slides, and we spent about $450 on the new carpet and then $906 on the install including pad. If you add tile to that it will obviously cost more, but I think that if you find an experienced installer you can do much better than $10K.

Carl,

He is still in Weatherford but he did move.If I remember he said that he still does the work at his shop but has move his residesnt. I know he doesn't do carpet but not sure about tile.

Herman

I have my shop in Weatherford. We live up high on a hill In Mineral Wells- just 18 miles west of shop. 6 days to do an install? The guy is a hack. 10 grand for flooring-

that place is a rip off.  Come to me- next year, will save you some serious cash

Ernie.  Wish I had known that, the Lone Star just had a rally at Coffee Creek RV Resort off 281 about 13 miles South of Mineral Wells!  Herman and I would have called you!

18 hours ago, Vegasmailman said:

I know this will be a very small group of individuals who can provide information about replacing RV flooring in a RV.,  So far, I have only been able to get an estimate from Apache RV here, which specialiies in doing custom work in RV.  I am sure there work in great, but really  don't want o pay 10,000 for floor replacing thru out the coach.   He stated that the value when sold would recovered that cost, I cannot see that, but  might be correct.  My point of this post has anyone ever had their tile and carpet replacement by any other local company, such as tile companies.  Would really like to hear from you if you have.  Apache RV stated could take up to one week to do, tile installer told he could do it all in 6 hours(doesn't sound right).  

I would take Ernie Ekberg up on that offer. Ernie = job done right at a fair price. 

Bill