Sign in to follow this  
rpsorge@gmail.com

Locator/Directory

Hi rpsorge,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. tmoning's post about the FMCA is something to consider. I used to carry a pamphlet for each of the suppliers mentioned in the OP. The FMCA road atlas eliminates the need for these separate pamphlets.

We still carry campground information in a loose leaf notebook of every place we have been.  It contains notes of the best sites at that particular campground.  It also contains personal notes about our stay. "Notes like loud train nearby,"  "Ok to stay overnight but not for an extended stay." For us The Atlas from FMCA is a list of NEW places to try. 

FMCA Atlas came the very next day after ordering on the phone. :D It is packed full of useful camping information.  :D  You won't need internet service to use it. :D There is very little advertisement in it.  Ads only placed on the inside of the covers.  One should note the Advertisements cost members extra shipping.  Without the ADS shipping could be media mail at a much lower cost.  A few dollars in my shipping case.  The ads do play a part in overall lowering the printing cost to members.  I question which costs the members less, advertisement or media mail.   

Is there a page on the FMCA forums where we can suggest places that are not listed in the Atlas?  Someone please provide a link if it already exists.  If we need a page like this, could a moderator please start a place to make edits for next years version of the FMCA Atlas?     Members living in areas can suggest places near them that were accidently missed for the next years version.

One other thought could be to arrange National Parks by state. 

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Rvparksreview.com

Herman 

Not sure which part of his post your are answering to referring to.  One of the things he specifically likes about the Atlas is that no internet connection is required.

I do not see where a moderator has suggested a place to put the edit for next years edition of the FMCA Atlas.  Does the editor, writer of the Atlas have an account I can private message to for next years Atlas?  I stayed at a campground that was missed.  There is a Sam's Club near me that should be added also.  We can all add to the list if something was missed.

Herman, I will check out  RVparksreview.com to see if the parks I have stayed at are included there. 

For everything from campgrounds to Walmart, gas stations to rest areas, the ALLSTAYS Camp and RV app ($9.99 at the Apple Ap Store, also available for Android) is my go-to resource.  It will show map location and give directions to any resource.  You can even monitor your progress on the map as you drive to any resource.  It also has reviews from people who have stayed at any location (including Walmart) and others.  It indicates which Walmart's allow overnight parking and which don't.

We do use RVParkReviews.com and an old paper copy of the Good Sam Campground directory occasionally.  We also have a recent copy of the Next Exit which is useful only for interstate highway travel.

For fuel, we use the Gas Buddy app.  It has current prices, map locations and directions to the station of your choice. 

Yes, this is an old post brought back to life.  There is a limit to how many resources can be shown on a paper map.  One look at a resource like RVParkReviews.com or at ALLSTAYS Camp and RV will show you that there are hundreds of campgrounds that aren't listed in even a large book like the Good Sam directory.  Some of those are not RV campgrounds but others are.  Ditto with any other resource, Sam's Club, Walmart, Camping World, the list could go on and on.  The information is there for anyone to access.  The problem with paper is it's limitation in the information that it can convey.  Digital is virtually (pun intended) unlimited.  Not connected from your current location?  Plan ahead, access the internet before leaving the digital world.