garygalla

RESIDENTIAL REPLACEMENT RECOMMENDATION FOR 4 DOOR NORCOLD

We are looking for recommendation for a residential replacement for the 4 door Norcold as ours is also 7 years old and is having issues with cooling some of the time so I would rather do a replacement before it goes bad and get it over with, so any recommendations will be appreciated -- we have a Winnebago Vista 35B and we are looking at using a LG for the replacement as they have several options that are 33 inches wide which is the width of the Norcold and only a few inched taller in height which I believe will work -- the depth is over 27 inches without the door so we will most likely take out the passenger window to get the LG into the RV.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations, Gary Galla

The Samsung RF 19 will also fit width and depth wise and only need 2" additional height, 

I have the Samsung and it works fine with modified sine wave inverter, I believe it the draws lowest amount of AMPS  of any residential refrigerators. 

When operation on the inverter it only draws 10 amps at 12 volts DC.

I was able to install thru the coach door.

Jim

23 minutes ago, Punxsyjumper said:

I'm getting the Samsung RF18. I think that is the one he meant. It will replace my No-Cold 1200. 

Thanks I hear you with the No -Cold 

2 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Gary,

Do you have anything under your current refrigerator ?

Yes sir my furnace, duct work and propane detector are all under the fridge

Replace No Cold,

Samsung is the residential choice of most, in the swap.  They come in many different sizes, so fitting one in on top of furnace, is not a problem.  You just can't get a 25cu. ft.! :D

1 hour ago, Punxsyjumper said:

I'm getting the Samsung RF18. I think that is the one he meant. It will replace my No-Cold 1200. 

Very well could be a RF18.  We have been on the road for a few week and have been traveling in some hot weather, couldn't ask foe anything better.  The rig is parked in El Paso while we are in Juarez visiting our son.  I checked on it yesterday and refrigerator was 36 and freezer was -2, daily temperatures have been hovering around 100,

Jim

When looking at replacement refrigerators look at the "counter depth" models as they will not stick out as far. I wanted the SamSung but it was 6" to hi to fit in the slide.

Bill

Today's home appliances are not like those  of yesteryear. Some don't last more than 5 years. Lg is one of the worst. There are a lot of domestic makes that are better. Many of the high end mfrs. Use Whirlpool.

Moisheh

I have a Whirlpool, it runs on PSW...Samsung will run on both, PSW & MSW.  Most older coaches came with a MSW inverter! 

4 hours ago, moisheh said:

Today's home appliances are not like those  of yesteryear. Some don't last more than 5 years. Lg is one of the worst. There are a lot of domestic makes that are better. Many of the high end mfrs. Use Whirlpool.

I don't know if you were around when Goldstar was, mid 80's to late 90's, they made many appliances that were sold cheap, actually made in the US at the time. They made a terrible reputation for themselves, because they were made cheap. The Lang company (I don't remember what country they were in), bought out Goldstar and the company name became Lang and Goldstar. Trying to rid the bad reputation gained by Goldstar, they started a slogan which was used in all ads LG (Lifes Good) so that the public would remember them by the initials LG. Just a little history of LG products. For the most part, I have had pretty good luck with LG, but I haven't bought one of their refrigerators yet, I do own a couple of their TV's and have no complaint with them yet.:rolleyes: