bsjones11

slide scratching floor

I have 4 slides. All but one seem to be leaving marks on the floor. I have purchased some slide out slickers and attempted to put them in place this week. Upon doing so, I found the main large slide does not have any room between the slide and the floor to put the slicker under it.

Is there something for me to look for here or do I need to take it to the shop? The slickers went right under the other slides.

By the way, I have a vinyl planking throughout the coach. Replaced the carpet a couple of years ago.

In our 2016 Phaeton, the large driver's side slide has always left a mark on the tile flooring, even after being adjusted by Red Bay tech. They advised putting cardboard or something similar on floor before closing slides. We now lay thin, cheap, vinyl placemats on floor where the rollers will sit while traveling. 

3 hours ago, dogpatch18200 said:

In our 2016 Phaeton, the large driver's side slide has always left a mark on the tile flooring, even after being adjusted by Red Bay tech. They advised putting cardboard or something similar on floor before closing slides. We now lay thin, cheap, vinyl placemats on floor where the rollers will sit while traveling. 

That is a good idea. Welcome to the forum.

Bill

Slide outs will also leave a mark, if one or more of the rollers are not turning, usually that is caused by faulty or worn bearings!  With 3 off 4, I would go with an adjustment issue, as DD69 suggested.  Some times the slide opening is to small/large for slide.