smithy

RVing related websites

What are some of your favorite websites to visit? Whether it is for finding information about your RV,  connecting with others or lifestyle related.

The iRV2.com web site has a wealth of information for all types of RVs.  The RVillage.com web site is nice for seeing who is in the area, letting friends know where you are, and keeping up with friends and groups.

The FMCA Forum is the site of choose for me. iRV 2.com is OK but I know most folks here and it cover topic of interest to me. I do not care for RVillage.com. There is too much of asking where are you, what are you doing. Just too much personal and hardly any tech questions.

Just IMHO.

Thanks for asking Smithy.

Herman

Mostly here.

IRV is ok, but a handful of the people on there tend not to be friendly, little camaraderie if any at all. 

Rvillage is tough to navigate and I'm with Herman on the constant asking where you are gets old quick.

Social Media works well for me giving a helping hand, not so for receiving, little tech knowledge on there. I often post links from this forum on there to migrate folks to FMCA. 

I've never been to IRV2so I cant say. When we first started, I was getting plenty of good info here so never really went anywhere else. YouTube is also very handy for just about everything but I try not to use it in the campgrounds because of the streaming issues. I rely on google maps/satellite for a lot of trip planning and navigating the rig around fuel stations, campgrounds and even walmarts. Another good one is  https://freecampsites.net/  

The websites are great but you can also get a lot of good info from actually using the phone and calling tech support at wherever you need the help. I found these guys are very knowledgeable and eager to help.

We are on rvillage but it is getting a lot like facebook. Dumped FB about 4 years ago and it looks like rvillage will soon be joining them in the black tank.

FMCA.com is my "go to place" to get quick, superb advice for my motorhome "experiences".   My hope is that the vast motorhome knowledge on FMCA.com does not get diluted with "stuff" for other RV types.  iRV2 is OK, but responding to forum postings / navigating & searching for info in iRV2 forums is not nearly as nice as FMCA.

I use Good Sam Club to search for/research RV parks/resorts near places the wife and I plan to visit.   I rarely visit the Good Sam Club forum as it is poorly organized.

I like FMCA Forums. I visit iRV2 and Good Sam’s sights a couple times a month, and RVillage every few days where I usually visit the Tips and Tricks section if something new is posted. Otherwise I just mark all read and exit. 

I like FMCA, go here as often as possible because of the friendly atmosphere. If I don't find an answer to a problem that I might have here, then I use Google. Been on other snobby site, and didn't care to go back.

FMCA Forum!  I'm a member of R Village, but got tired of the, "Everybody gets a participation trophy",  attitude!   I don't roll out the, Red carpet, for my friends.  Why should I do it for someone else, just because their in my area? Yuk!!!  IRV2, is way to argumentative and it's, their way or the Highway!