fagnaml

I-10 Bridge Closure in Baton Rouge, LA -- June 1-3, 2018

Question

My son in Lake Charles, LA learned about this I-10 bridge closure in Baton Rouge from local television news.   The big Mississippi River Bridge on Interstate 10 on the west side of Baton Rouge will be closed this weekend (June 1-3, 2018) for repairs.  During the bridge closure, I-10 traffic will flow from Lafayette, LA north on I-49 to Opelousas, LA then use US 90 to Baton Rouge (the "old way" around the Atchafalaya Swamp).   I-10 traffic is horrible any given weekend.   Traffic this weekend along US 90 will be a nightmare (numerous stop lights in several small towns).

Here is the link to the Louisiana DOTD with this I-10 bridge closure announcement --> http://wwwapps.dotd.la.gov/administration/announcements/announcement.aspx?key=16925

For those with travel plans between Houston and New Orleans/Biloxi the next few days, find a nice RV park/resort to spend this weekend, June 1-3, 2018 and avoid many frustrating hours in very hot weather is what is sure to  be a massive traffic jam on US 90 between Lafayette and Baton Rouge. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet