wvujazzman

Backup beacon not sounding

Hi folks,

Our 2003 Newmar Dutch Star is supposed to have a backup beacon which beeps when in reverse.  This is not happening.  The reverse lights are fine, just no sound.  We just purchased the unit last fall, so not sure if the previous owner intentionally disabled the sound or if we have a bad relay or fuse somewhere.  The problem is... I'm not having any luck finding info on where to look to troubleshoot this.  Any ideas?  I'd rather not take it to the dealer if I can avoid that because they're $150 per hour, and if it's something simple like a fuse I'd be rather upset.  :)

I've checked the fuse panel on the driver side of the dashboard... nothing there that is bad.  Any thoughts on what to check next would be much appreciated!

Oh, btw... it's a Spartan chassis.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, The  alarms fail and also the connection between the alarm and the power feeding the backup lights, alarm is in the same circuit and like you mentioned it could have been intentionally disabled.

Just one old Keystoner to another.

Rich.

Eric.

You would be my favorite person in a campground.  No sound, BEEP, to disturb my sleep at daybreak or my late in the day enjoyment, of just hearing nature, after a long days drive!

Other than construction, heavy equipment, I know of no real practical use for the beep!

Manholt... I was kinda thinking the same thing.   Personally, it seems difficult to fathom that someone wouldn't notice a 41' DP backing into a spot... but maybe I'm naive.  I'm not sure I really want to fix it... but I wouldn't mind knowing if it was intentional or not.

Eric, assuming you don’t have a switch on the dash to turn it off? We have one and a switch to activate it. I will say it’s no where near as loud as the types found in construction equipment. 

Joe, still irritating!  I had it on my 07' Tour and had it removed by WB, before delivery!

Eric, I suspect it was intentional.