Sign in to follow this  
f027177d

Eastport or Lubec, Maine

Looking to spend two days in the northern end of Maine--folk festival and would like to scoot across to check out the Roosevelt camp.  I have looked at both Seaview Campground in Eastport and Sunset in Lubec.  Can I get some feedback on the two towns and/or the campgrounds?  We do like that we read Seaview in Eastport has its own lounge on site--thought that might give us the opportunity to meet some folks.  We like to find the little divey places to eat and grab a cold beer.

Welcome to the forum. I have stayed at Seaview Campground and would stay there again. This made a good location for us to visit  Roosevelt Campobello International Park.

The tides are pretty amazing. Stop at Ray's Mustard factory on the edge of town. There are several great places to eat in the area you should try. Nook & Cranny Restaurant, 575 Airline Rd, Baileyville, ME 04694, nookncrannyrestaurant.com,  (207) 454-3335

One thing you want to be aware of is unless you have a phone plan that includes Canada turn your phone off till you can use Wi Fi. You can connect to a tower in Canada and not know it. The international roaming rates are scary.

Bill

My AT&T plan also covers Canada & Mexico at no charge, but you have to call them first.  I was in Cozumel, Mexico 2 years ago & did not notify AT&T....$389 for a 6 hour stay, I made one 12 minute phone call to Texas!  I'm much more aware now & my phone is on Airplane mode, when not in use.

Sooooo...we went to Eastport and stayed at Seaview.  Stayed three nights.   LOVED IT!   Some regulars took us right in!   Loved being on the water.  Day trips 50 miles all around.  Check to see if bar and rest is still open on premise---it was great--the people and the food!  Lubec was close to take a ride too also.   We love northern ME--thee people are exceptionally nice!   

Thanks for the info for in and around this area!