billkish

Anchor Down RV Resort

We had the chance to spend five days at the Anchor Down RV resort in Dandridge, TN.  What a wonderful camp!  The sites are all paved and I was super impressed with the staff. 

We stayed in spot #27 which is overlooking the lake.  Pontoon Rentals are available and are very reasonably priced. 

If you are ever in the Pidgeon Forge Area, you need to check this place out.  I gave it 5 star rating!

2018-05-02_14_26_02.jpg

2018-05-03_09_39_08.jpg

2018-05-03_11_44_11.jpg

2018-05-03_11_46_14.jpg

2018-05-03_16_54_30.jpg

We were at Anchor Down 2 years ago and go back this September for a couple of weeks. 

It was a great park back then and seems to keep getting better. They had just finished the "new" dog park when we were there last time and our pup was one of the first to use it. Looks like they have expanded some sites down by the dog park. The basket ball and pickle ball courts were just being finished when we left on our last visit. That was August 2016.

Nice to hear they are now renting pontoons, we had to go into Dandrige last time. Did you happen to try the Taste of Dandridge restaurant? Really great home cooking.

We will be in site 29 this year..

Take care, 

Glenn

We love this place! Stayed here once in 2016 site 173, the view was breath taking, every night watching the sun set on the lake, very quiet and relaxing. We found this hidden gem for fantastic burgers;

Bluff's tavern 1548 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862

So small they do not have a web site, but the burgers were the best we've ever had! 

We just left Anchor Down after spending a week there.  We met two other couple there and generally spent the week riding our Harley's in the surrounding mountains every day.  It is a really nice CG with a great staff.  The only negative I found was the sites are not very level.  All three couple booked another week next fall to meet up again there.

4 hours ago, jleamont said:

We love this place! Stayed here once in 2016 site 173, the view was breath taking, every night watching the sun set on the lake, very quiet and relaxing. We found this hidden gem for fantastic burgers;

Bluff's tavern 1548 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862

So small they do not have a web site, but the burgers were the best we've ever had! 

That is high praise coming from an burger expert. 

Bill

51 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

That is high praise coming from an burger expert. 

Bill

What I am usually the only one that likes the food, this place won all of us over...it must be good!