Sign in to follow this  
ddmmnn@aol.com

Heart 2,000-watt inverter

I am new to the motorhome world and FMCA. I recently purchased a 1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial. The motorhome has a 2,000-watt Heart inverter. When I disconnect the shore power and the unit transfers to the inverter I get 120 volts to the bedroom and microwave outlets and both TVs but not to the outlets in the bathroom, kitchen counter, ice maker, or back by the engine.

I have checked the GFCI outlets and everything appears to be fine. I have checked the inverter and both legs are putting out 120 volts. The resets are also okay on the inverter. When I plug the coach in to shore power or run the generator, all of the outlets work fine.

Is it normal for the outlet at the kitchen counter to not be connected to the inverter or is there something kicked off? If this is normal I will quit trying to repair it and tie into the microwave outlet so that I can run a coffee pot while underway. Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David Dammann

Hi David,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. Each coach manufacturer wires their coaches differently. The appliances and outlets wired through the inverter were the coach manufacturer's decision. If the outlet works when connected to shore power, then the outlet is not wired to receive power via the inverter.

Hi David,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. Each coach manufacturer wires their coaches differently. The appliances and outlets wired through the inverter were the coach manufacturer's decision. If the outlet works when connected to shore power, then the outlet is not wired to receive power via the inverter.

Thank you Gary.

David Dammann

I have a 1996 Holiday Rambler Imperial that is wire the same way. Only part of the outlets are wired into the inverter. One thing to remember is that a coffee maker takes a lot of voltage out of the batteries, but it will work if you plug into one of the outlets that are hot when you are runing off the inverter. Hope this helps.