pawoodtx

50 amp shoreline round hatch

My 2003 Monaco Windsor has a Shoreline power cord reel. The round roller hatch that goes through the bottom of the coach that the 50 amp shore power cord goes through is broken. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for it. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Paul

Any RV store will have then or go on line and google it. You might even find one at WalMart. I have found that if I know the name of an item WalMart is a good source for online buying. Good prices and short delivery or even some can be picked up at your local store.

Good luck.

Herman

Herman,

l can’t find one like the one that is in there now. It is round with a screw in lid and has rollers to guide and reduce the friction when retracting the cord. Shoreline Reel has one that is a 4”X5” rectangular hatch. That means I would have to cut the hole out which I’m trying to avoid. Surely someone still makes the round one with rollers! Wouldn’t you think so?🤷‍♂️

Paul

Once you get that put in, what I recommend is get an old vacuum cleaner hose... cut a piece long enough to fit around the inside of the collar, slit it long ways and put around the inside of the collar.  That will make it a lot easier on your power cord when you pull it out or in...the edges of my collar in the floor are pretty sharp, this takes care of that.

Perhaps different ways to do this, but with the same reel, I used a rag to wipe off water/dirt and "fed" it into the hatch. 

So, no strain on the reel mechanism and no dirt accumulating on the reel.

I’m with you Brett. I keep mine clean and dry. I’m about to buy a new shoreline reel because I don’t know where to get those plastic replacement gears for the old one. There was a post on here about someone that makes them but I don’t know how to contact him if he even still makes them. It has never worked since I’ve owned the coach. Thanks for your help. 

Paul

Brett,

i went to the post you mentioned. I sent John an email asking if he had the gear. He replied that he did and ask for my phone number so he could call me. He called the next day and said if I would send him a check for $80. he would send me the gear and 10 rivets. I sent the check and he sent the gear and rivets. I got them today and installed them and now my Shoreline Reel works. It all worked our perfect.

Thanks for the help!

Paul

I would count teeth and measure depth and width, then go to Home Depot or Loews or Amazon, carry a spare...should be less than $80. :blink:

4 hours ago, manholt said:

I would count teeth and measure depth and width, then go to Home Depot or Loews or Amazon, carry a spare...should be less than $80. :blink:

Well I guess it’s just ignorance on my part. I think this is a fairly common problem with those reels and no one had suggested Home Depot, Loews or Amazon. I think $80. is pretty steep but not compared to the price of a new one and I was thinking that was my option. The good news is that it is now installed and working. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks

Paul

No first hand experience, but my understanding is that these are individually machined.

No idea if there is a commercially available replacement.  If there is, no one to date (several years) has mentioned one.

I remember there was a fellow that his son, a machinist made the gear out of steel for him and he made many more for other folks. Is that the same person in your post?

Herman 

John Delmatoff is the man I got it from. He said his son makes them. They’re plastic and it fits and works. The original gear had moved down the shaft about 1/4”. He said this one would not. I don’t know if it will or won’t. It works now and I’m good with that.

Thanks for the heads up!

Paul

That’s the one I was looking for. I couldn’t find it so I bought a rectangular one and installed it. I wish I had been a little more patient until you posted this one. It works much better than the one I replaced it with. 🙄

Paul

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

That is the one I have been looking for. 

Thanks for the link.

Herman 

Mine is missing the ?? Hula skirt protector (no idea whats its called, but looks like straw). 

I use these on all cords coming to the interior.

http://rvcritterguard.com/

Carl, here is the link for Linda, she was asking about these when we were in New Mexico

39 minutes ago, Pawoodtx said:

That’s the one I was looking for. I couldn’t find it so I bought a rectangular one and installed it. I wish I had been a little more patient until you posted this one. It works much better than the one I replaced it with. 🙄

Paul

Glad to help!