I finally bit the bullet and have updated to a newer 4 down toad, sure hope I don't regret it, but have heard many good things about the Jeep Wrangler as a toad. Found a Roadmaster stow away tow bar on e-bay and won that auction, so am now planning trip to the mountains to find out how well it will work out.

20180621_110745.thumb.jpg.894e5b462443128ab79a4efccf94ef2e.jpg

Any solid axle front is susceptible. Regular maintenance is key. Search jeep forums for points to keep an eye on. I am specifically referring to driving the wrangler as they seem to tow fine.

Kay, Nice dark blue, looks like you found a nice bra for the front.  I do need to ask if the front right fog light is setup for coon hunting while you are out cursing around the mountains ?   Or setup for rock hopping  at night around the Blue-ridge area? 

Hope it works out well for you !

Rich.

Kay.  Welcome to the, "world of off roading"...you'll get the bug!  I have had no "wobble", in 4 Jeeps, from 1987 to present...come to think about it, in anything that I have towed 4 down!  What year is it? :wub:

Rich, it is the right one that is set up for rock climbing, it is now corrected. Carl, it's a 2000 model, I did some research and most preferred 98 through 06, due to less plastic.:rolleyes: That of course leads to less fuel mileage, darned if you, darned if you don't. I never have used my toads for anything else, so that shouldn't matter a whole lot.

With the running board and tires, you don't have rock climbing ability to begin with!  I can, but don't.  I'm now running with 35x12.5xR18 on a 3" lift, still don't use a base plate, I just hook up to my  "D" ring holders! :P

Nice looking Wrangler!  It will serve you well whether you are "four wheeling" in an urban concrete jungle or on narrow, muddy road in your favorite National Forest.   Rock climbing capability comes with after-market upgrades that I've yet to invest in.

With regards to towing, I have zero problems with my four door Wrangler.  Being a smaller, 4,000 lbs'ish weight  vehicle there is not much difference in how my motorhome handles towing, not towing my Wrangler.  

Enjoy your new "toy"!