hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

I had the cobbler, I don’t think I had bread pudding. The cobbler was fantastic 😍

Bread pudding is my favorite, that and those lemon squares with the buttery crust on the bottom. 

Carl, watch yourself, you keep eating like that you’re likely to have more broken slides 🤣

Joe.  I remember, she gave me the choice!  You got peach, since I had not had it in 6 months....the BP was 2 weeks earlier.  My bad ! :( I'll have to remember that for next summer! :rolleyes::)

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Joe.  I remember, she gave me the choice!  You got peach, since I had not had it in 6 months....the BP was 2 weeks earlier.  My bad ! :( I'll have to remember that for next summer! :rolleyes::)

Carl, no problem, it was still delicious! 

Bill, welcome to muggy and hot PA! I wish I could say that in January.... 😭

Well to bump this thread back up a little. Had to go to Plano Tx today for doctors appointment. After that decided to get some brunch and looked around Plano (it isn't like there aren't lots of places to eat in Plano) and found this place Hash House a Go Go. Who could say no to a place like that. www.hashhouseagogo.com. 

Bill

Bill, besides breakfast, brunch, lunch, pre-dinner, dinner and evening pre-bed meal, what other interest's do you have? :blink::wacko::lol:

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Bill, besides breakfast, brunch, lunch, pre-dinner, dinner and evening pre-bed meal, what other interest's do you have? :blink::wacko::lol:

:lol::lol::ph34r:

Speaking of breakfast, we tried a brand new place in Pigeon Forge last week, what a breakfast menu. Five Oaks Farm Kitchen, no I did not eat the whole thing. Sue and got a share plate and still took some home. 20180917_101300.thumb.jpeg.0c62b93b267a00474174b9b5ea8f8b24.jpeg

20180917_101304 (1).jpeg

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Well I do like to taste ice cream and visit creamery's. So far have been to Tillamook Creamery in Tillamook, Oregon.

Ben & Jerry’s Factory  in Waterbury, Vermont.

and Blue Bell Creameries in Brenham TX. Where they make the best ice cream in the country! 

:lol::lol::P

Kay, that looks good. I didn't take pictures but the pancakes at Hash House a Go Go were bigger than that plate. They claim they are as big as the steering wheel on a tractor.

Bill

That Bill, explains a lot !  You need to show and tell, your Cardiologist. :lol:

I'm doing a pork tenderloin and fresh asparagus in an hour, James is doing a spinach salad and wild rice, Linda made a key lime pie! :D

For breakfast in the morning, I'll take a picture of the "Slop"!  Then explain it. :blink: Our favorite place to eat out here!

Kay/ hash browns on sausage patties, grits, scrambled eggs that look really good, a delicious looking biscuit., but the second picture? One huge high rising pancake? 

Thanks Kay I wasn’t hungry until I opened this 😂.

I just came in from moving the coach back into the driveway to catch up on the growing list of issues. Tonight’s menu, Aquahot repair. My electric element wasn’t working, high limit thermostat failed.

F3360A57-3F07-4AE6-91A5-4BBF602B1B54.jpeg

On 6/29/2018 at 9:29 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

The one that gripes me is they know the road is rough so instead of fixing it they just put out a sign saying "rough road":angry:

Bill

👍  The new part of I 69 in S. Indiana  has 3 major bridges, at each end of those bridges the pavement sank about 4" after construction. Some folks pulling a TT hit it and nearly lost control, I was far enough behind to slow down (thanks whoever you were). So the state put signage saying "bump"???? some months later the blacktop pavement was leveled with the bridge concrete.. Here we are a year later and the pavement is again sinking in the same spots.

Since you guys are talking about food; DW picked up some persimmons last week, ran them through the collander to separate the seeds, then made a persimmon pudding. Warm  persimmon pudding topped with ice cream, is as good as it gets.

The pancake is called a griddle cake, 6 inches diameter and about 1 1/8" thick three tbs. of real butter on top, a little chewy inside almost like pound cake. The platter contained 2 eggs, at least a pound of hash browns, grits, sausage gravy, two ham slices 5 inches and a half inch thick, 2 slices Applewood bacon and a huge sausage patty. They call it the farm tenants choice. Joe I thought about you while eating.:blink:

1 hour ago, RAYIN said:

Warm  persimmon pudding topped with ice cream, is as good as it gets.

Yummy!

And now to my saga about lousy pavement, some genius in our road department has come up with a brainstorm, They take a pretty good road to mill, only problem is they have a new milling machine that no one knows how to operate, it strips (mills) the pavement, heats it and adds liquid asphalt to the rap, then puts it back down in one pass, that mess is rougher than what they just took up. Now to add to the punishment, they put a regular mill at every intersection to remove the pavement for resurfacing, only problem with this is they dig down 4 inches next the mess they already made and 5 inches next to the side roads, hit this at more than 3 mph, and your front end is out of alignment. 7 weeks now and about 35 miles in the city limits, just started putting new surface down on top of this mess, and it looks like they will only do the through street before retopping to the side roads, new topping is 1.5", so add that to the 3 and 5 drop-offs.:wub::angry:

Looks like what some places call a texas scramble. Bisket split open on the plate then sausage hashbrowns eggs and covered with gravy. :o:P

Lots of variables but all good.

Bill

here is a non food post. I have to replace the fitting on the windshield washer hose where it comes through the cap. I broke it cleaning off love bugs in Mississippi on the way home. If you haven't experienced these bugs you have something to look forward to.;) I got the old part out and tried PPL first and they didn't have one so went to Alvarado to the Rev Group counter sales. They had them part number 047143. $5.37 each.

See a non food post.

Bill 

It was hash browns, ham, bacon, diced onion, diced green bell & Jalapeno peppers, 2 eggs over & gravy on top! :D

Bill, NAPA has them!  You done good. :lol:

Bill, one year we went to Florida in love bug mating season, what a mess! It was hard to walk you were swatting around your face to clear a path. 

Carl, that sounds delicious! 

What is sad to see is the driver that has never been in "The Love Bugs", turn on their wind shield washer and wipers. Boy what a mess and you have to pull over because you can't see.

Herman