hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Herman, this group of photos are for you :lol:

needs a better smoke ring, I’ve got to order a smoke tube to help out my smoker, but it was delicious!

EDE06580-CFA3-4A6F-922E-31A4F92DDD3D.jpeg

3A2AAA6A-F04E-423F-97C1-B658ABB5DDEA.jpeg

Look what can happen when you plug in with the power on. I had an electrician install a 50 amp plug for the RV. He did a good job but I didn't tell him to put a disconnect or breaker at the box, so I have been just plugging in with the plug hot. I have since added a breaker and a new 50 amp receptacle.

Here is what can happen to the plug when you plug into a hot receptacle too many times.:wacko::wub:

I was able to clean the pins on the Plug and all is fine now.

My statement to myself was, "live and learn stupid".

Herman

1758988480_50ampplug.thumb.jpg.979a726a1c04eb4cc049d6a3ad8a7e63.jpg

17 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Yes I did, see my next to last sentence. Got them clean and check them quite often now.

Herman 

Do you have a portable EMS on the tower, that would give you a time delay?

Don't worry, I am guilty of stuff like this also!. A few years ago I plugged our's in with the generator running with both AC units on, stalled the generator :wacko:. Won't do that again! 

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Yes I did, see my next to last sentence. Got them clean and check them quite often now.

Herman 

We've stayed at several CG's that are hard-wired without a breaker/disconnect, many CG's in the Maritimes were. When I see one I go inside the MH and throw the main breaker before plugging into those receptacles. I don't know it really helps, but it can't do any harm.

Lone Star Chapter, goes to the same RV Park in Tyler, TX. each Feb...theirs are hot all the time, illegal in Texas,  bothers me in rain!  Now,  I do as Joe L.  makes me feel better!  

Ok Herman I re read next to last sentence.:o

When I plug in I always use my portable Surge Guard. That always gives me a delay and it won't arc because there is no draw for about 90 sec. I would think it would work the same way if you had a hard mounted unit. I am just happy when the receptacle is in good enough condition to make good contact. I had one up in Main that the receptacle was so loose and in a deep box that the plug didn't want to stay plugged in. I finally used a bungee cord to hold the plug in place. 

Carl what is the name of that park in Tyler, TX.?

Bill

I got a present from Forest River. A recall notice, 1st one. The night shade for the windshield can just release and come down at anytime.

Didn't happen but that must be a poop your pants experience.

The fix is put some kind of back up security snap ??????? (Hack)

Bill, it's Tyler Oaks...Feb. 14 to 17, ph. 430-235-2030 RV Park, Wagon Master is Wayne & Sue Brush #  If your coming let me know on PM & I'll get you the rest of info.  Joe L. will be voted in.  He also has the web page link!

DBenoit, a snap?  You can do that yourself !  :blink::wacko: Ahhh, yes! The pucker moment. :rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Wow!  I made another year! :lol: Hope I dragged everyone else along! :ph34r:

Welcome to 2019!

OMG :lol:. Happy New Year everyone! 

Yes, Happy New Year to y'all.

Bill, another nice place is Miller Creek RV park in Johnson City.  We have  rally to attend there in April. Very accommodating.

Wayne,  your correct a out Miller Creek. It is a nice park, a bit tight but still a nice park.  My only suggestion is to make your reservations early, they fill up quickly. Have a good time. 

Herman 

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Yes, Happy New Year to y'all.

Bill, another nice place is Miller Creek RV park in Johnson City.  We have  rally to attend there in April. Very accommodating.

That is a nice park. Last time I stayed there was several years ago. Stopped there because of a sleet storm. The small meeting room with the big round fire pit was a great place to hang out and keep warm. 

Bill