hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

What’s everyone cooking for the holiday?

We are home for the weekend and this was today’s dinner. 

I smoked an 11 lb brisket and made homemade Mac and cheese which I finished off in the smoker.

note the juice on the left side of the photo, it was bubbling out :o

01A22A83-2DAE-4ECC-AEC7-C75CEF8C73A4.jpeg

9094B017-475B-4C4F-8412-FCC5471DECBF.jpeg

Do you know how to say salivate? That's what I am doing looking at your Brisket. Looks like it was smoked just right. 

We are eating whatever our sons fix. It's their turn now. We have done it for over 50 years. Now it's oir turn to go and not cook or clean up.

Herman 

Tomorrow is pork chops cooked by friends here at Little Farm on the River, Rising Sun, IN. Other sides, green beans, kohlrabi and onions sauteed in a heavy cream sauce, and who knows what else may come up.

Yesterday I fixed clam chowder for us and friends. Ummm! Goooooood!

Joe and Jim, I would like to invite you both to a Lone Star Rally. (Joe is a member and Jim should be). Of course you both would have to bring your smokers and demonstrate your technics for about 30 people. Maybe 150 people if they know you'll  will be cooking.

Great job both of you. I love Brisket and Pork Chops, heck lets face it I LOVE B-B-Q period.

Herman

Herman, I’d love to do something like that.  My wife is a master at Potato, macaroni salads and deviled eggs. DW and I were both raised that no one leaves hungry! This always calculates to large amounts of food. 

Jim, that would be a lot of fun with a smoke off. Events like that is where we learn techniques. 

Today I am smoking a ham. My youngest has been requesting it. I use to do them at our annual Easter camping trip with friends over a campfire. It has been a few years since we have been Easter camping. 

When I did those Easter cookouts I also had a Dutch over over the fire with potato slices, butter, bacon, cheese and onions simmering over the fire.

Few weeks comes Halloween camping and I’ll have a pot of Chili simmering. For those of you that don’t know, it’s not yankee chili, no beans and it’s not sweetened! Sweet foods are desserts in this house.

apparently I have a southern soul 

Linda did chili last night..She does not eat spicy food, so when cooking is done, I take some in a separate pot & add a kick to it.  Meat only!  With beans it's not right...When we where in Eastern Canada, we got wild (not farmed) salmon and cut into dinner portions, then in freezer it went..we did the same with "Hockey Puck" size fresh scallops in Digby, NS.  So, tonight I'm grilling both, I use fresh lemon juice, garlic & butter.  I left 25 lbs of frozen cooked lobster meat ( 1 lb per pack) in freezer at house!  A lot of sea food chowder over winter!!!

On 8/31/2019 at 5:57 PM, jleamont said:

What’s everyone cooking for the holiday?

We are home for the weekend and this was today’s dinner. 

I smoked an 11 lb brisket and made homemade Mac and cheese which I finished off in the smoker.

note the juice on the left side of the photo, it was bubbling out :o

01A22A83-2DAE-4ECC-AEC7-C75CEF8C73A4.jpeg

9094B017-475B-4C4F-8412-FCC5471DECBF.jpeg

There is something terribly wrong with these pictures; They are there, I'm here. :(

1 hour ago, RayIN said:

There is something terribly wrong with these pictures; They are there, I'm here. :(

:lol:

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

Joe, that smoked brisket was delicious, wish you could visit more often. :wub:

Yeah, too many miles between us!

From PA to 2 months in Canada, we had nice fresh asparagus, 4 times a week.  Great with Salmon & Scallops...that's what's for dinner tonight !