hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

20 hours ago, DBenoit said:

Found a truck wash close by. Will do entire RV and undercarriage for $57.

Just hope the roads don't get treated here before that. We don't have any snow now. 

likely well worth the money!

DB, where you live, I would invest in a power washer!  I live 160 miles south of Dallas and we have 2.  Just put it on low PSI for coach.

Ernie, who's on Third? 

Herman.  See. :D

12 hours ago, manholt said:

DB, where you live, I would invest in a power washer!  I live 160 miles south of Dallas and we have 2.  Just put it on low PSI for coach.

Ernie, who's on Third? 

Herman.  See. :D

I don't know; and I carry a small suitcase electric  power( can't in all conscience call it pressure)  washer in the basement on every winter trip. Even took it along on our Alaska trip.

we will be in Buckhorn for a rally we are hosting Dec 13-15. I believe they have detail crews there. They will do my coach, hopefully

Ernie, I've had mine washed underneath there.  Whole coach $3 a foot, includes wax...never had that part done, but under chassis was $85.  What Chapter?

Whose catching?  Rose!

We're in Gladewater...Happy Thanksgiving !  We got food/party this evening...tomorrow it's Linda & I only & I'm doing Salmon, Scallops and a Lobster salad.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! We are are at home but will be heading for Lake Conroe next week for a Bounder rally at Lake Conroe / Houston North KOA Holiday, Highway 105 West, Montgomery, TX.

Carl that is a nice campground, we were there for a rally before 6 State.

Bill

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

I blow my calorie intake at every meal, why should today be different.

I'm not out of shape. Round is a shape.

16 minutes ago, manholt said:

We blew our calorie intake for a week last night...smoked turkey, ham, deer sausage & all the trimmings! :blink:

I can relate, today will shoot mine up over the top. One day isn’t going to kill any long term goals.

I am being cautious about what I eat. ;) So I am only having turkey, prime rib, ham and a few sides. Yes I am being cautious about what I eat, it all has to taste good.:lol:

Bill

On 11/28/2019 at 11:37 AM, jleamont said:

I can relate, today will shoot mine up over the top. One day isn’t going to kill any long term goals.

Speak for yourself😋, today DW's scales showed me 180#, first time since my heart bypass surgery 14 yrs ago. 😞

Joe, our Turkey & Ham was smoked with Pecan wood...not overpowering, just plain good.  Don't know what wood was used for the Deer, it too was mild.  We like Pecan & it's free!  Mother nature is the provider, we have 5 Pecan Trees. :wub:

10 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Bill Eww!

I used a “competition blend” not impressed with the flavor profile. I’ll switch back to fruit wood for poultry and hickory or mesquite for red meat. 

Hickory gives poultry a bacon type flavor which is delicious also!

I had a lot of problems with my Traeger, their customer support was terrible, I ended up modifying it and it worked!

The only function that doesn’t work properly is the “smoke” setting. That’s supposed to be a low temp creating lots of smoke, it can hit 500 degrees on smoke! I just use 180 or 200, that works and I place a smoke tube in the cooking area. We keep the Traeger in the coach basement. 

Had they had the small portable Traeger when I bought my grill for the RV i would have gotten that one.  I presently have the Webber Q1200 for the RV.

So far the Traeger is working well. There are some things you just don't want to smoke.  My first use of the Traeger I used the Traeger recipe for steak.  Smoke time, cook time, sear time. Earlene did not like it and was ready to give up the grill.  Don't use smoke time for a steak is all I can say.