hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

13 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Yard is clear to park it due to rain and warm temps.

See they were waiting for your yard to melt so you could park it.;)

Bill

3 hours ago, DBenoit said:

So the coach made it to NH and it's waiting for an oil change. Geez what a cluster @#$% trying to find

out where it was. FR wouldn't give me the transport company name until I said Imma gonna report it stolen.

Then Isa called that place and they knew nothing, then isa called Campers Inn and they called me back

and said it's here. Oh what a relief it is. Yard is clear to park it due to rain and warm temps.

NOW I can go into hibernation.

When you get it back are you going to wash the undercarriage, get rid of all that salt? 

Wayne, you got a heat wave compared to us..7:55 pm & 47, going to 42 tonight.  We decided to go to our camp in Three Rivers tomorrow instead of Sat or Sun!  There it's 68 an hour ago and 63 in AM. :P 

DB, wash under that coach before you put it away! 

16 minutes ago, Erniee said:

We are at Buckhorn awaiting the detail crew .

Did you wrap up the last floor you posted on Facebook? 

We got in at 3 pm..AC on, it was 81...now at 8:45 pm it's 66. :)

Ernie, enjoy your Rally & Merry Christmas!  If you want to come to a Lone Star Rally, we'll be at Coffee Creek RV Park, Feb 13-16, 2020...Just down the road from your Hill.

I put the coach on hold. I discussed this with the client.

We would love to make the rally, wouldn't even get to operating temps, but we have plans to be a Riverview Campground on the Mississippi River  for a rally in Feb.

2020, after June, we will be able to travel more as Brenda retired July 31 this year but I had clients booked for flooring till then.

Merry Christmas

On 12/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, DBenoit said:

So the coach made it to NH and it's waiting for an oil change. Geez what a cluster @#$% trying to find

out where it was. FR wouldn't give me the transport company name until I said Imma gonna report it stolen.

Then Isa called that place and they knew nothing, then isa called Campers Inn and they called me back

and said it's here. Oh what a relief it is. Yard is clear to park it due to rain and warm temps.

NOW I can go into hibernation.

So did you get the coach home safe and all tucked in? Did they do the work they were supposed to do?

Bill

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

So did you get the coach home safe and all tucked in? Did they do the work they were supposed to do?

Bill

I didn't get a chance to wash, cover or park in it's winter spot. Other than that they fixed everything and more.

Roof looks great they even installed the extended gutters, the cameras finally work all the time so far. The couch extension roller was

replaced because of a shoddy weld. They put down a piece of carpet under it, I guess peeps were complaining that the roller eventually started leaving marks

on the floor, can't really see it. Then I completely forgot about 2 cabinets pistons that were ripped out because they were too tight. They replaced those.

When I did pick it up the door piston was snapped off but Campers Inn fixed that. Except for communication it went well. I can finally sleep at night knowing

our investment is in the driveway, maybe sleep through the winter.....ya right.

DW said get a power washer for the coach. Then she adds all the other items, shutters, deck, etc.

I was looking at the smaller electric ones. Gas is out of the equation. I saw some on amazon that

look pretty good. Nice and light and easy to move around. Bombard me with suggestions.

I use one a few times a year to clean my radiator from the rear besides my annual from the front cleaning. Be careful too much pressure could bend the radiator core fins. I spray about a 10” fan from about 2 feet away. Mine is electric with pressure if 1,650 pounds. Bought at big box store on sale for $60. Good to clean wheels, too. 

1 hour ago, rossboyer said:

.... Be careful too much pressure could bend the radiator core fins.... 

I do not use one for this reason, plus it can drive water where water should not be.

I launched from a ladder using one. One if the reasons for an electric. Small jobs, don’t need excessive psi. 

Saw some at lowes today that looked ok. What is too much pressure? Looking at 1500-2200 psi, adjustable.

I have an electric "suitcase"  washer from  Home Depot, yes it came in a plastic suitcase, it is 1,200 psi, which is enough for me. It is very handy to carry/store in a bay. I took it along on our Alaska trip, by the time we returned  to Sumas WA, nearly everyone in the caravan had borrowed it.

I have a 2500 psi gas one here at the S&B I used it only once on the coach and a few times on the TOAD.  Most all come with different nozzles. Mine has two tanks for solutions and in order for the solution to come out of the nozzle it has to be the "black" one which is the lowest pressure one.  Even then I kept the nozzle end 4-5 feet away from the coach or TOAD.  Worked fine - but I was not comfortble using it.

Most mobile RV wash people use one for cleaning and I have had mine done several times over the years with no problems.  The key is, keep your distance, even with a water hose. Not a lot of pressure is needed to rinse a vehicle. Even with a pressure washer some time of cloth or brush is needed on the RV to get the dirt off.

Just pressure alone will not do it and considering that I prefer "Wash Wax All" water-less wash. Does a great job.

On 12/23/2019 at 10:40 AM, wayne77590 said:

I have a 2500 psi gas one here at the S&B I used it only once on the coach and a few times on the TOAD.  Most all come with different nozzles. Mine has two tanks for solutions and in order for the solution to come out of the nozzle it has to be the "black" one which is the lowest pressure one.  Even then I kept the nozzle end 4-5 feet away from the coach or TOAD.  Worked fine - but I was not comfortble using it.

Most mobile RV wash people use one for cleaning and I have had mine done several times over the years with no problems.  The key is, keep your distance, even with a water hose. Not a lot of pressure is needed to rinse a vehicle. Even with a pressure washer some time of cloth or brush is needed on the RV to get the dirt off.

Just pressure alone will not do it and considering that I prefer "Wash Wax All" water-less wash. Does a great job.

I agree, road oil will not spray off.

Dawn works on that.  Then spray off.  Very seldom I use sprayer also, prefer "Slick Mist".  I do spray the rims, after a dawn wash!