hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

No tags on it. I think Oklahoma, I will look it up when I get time. By the way You always hear about "Getting the maintenance records" I will do a separate post latter but it appears I have everything from new. All organised in folders by year.

ovgu_sllt.jpg

g4n1_sllt.jpg

It is mine now but I left it in Lewisville while waiting on parts (Friday). I am hoping to go to Coffee Creek.

Herman you can put your hand on it as long as it is in a polishing cloth. :D

Bill

Bill --

A very nice "new to you" Mountain Aire!  What year is it?   I agree that NIRV in Lewisville provides superb customer service!  I presume you will use their on-site RV park for a couple of nights when you take delivery of your new Mountain Aire.   NIRV will park your new MA next to your old MA to make the process of moving "stuff" from old MA to new MA as simple as possible.   While in their RV park, NIRV will have your "delivery / walk through technician" visit you and your new coach to see if any help is needed with new systems or if something needs repair.  The technician I had when I purchased my Ventana LE ten months ago encouraged me to "use everything at least twice" on the Ventana LE while in their RV park to assure everything performed well.

Moving ''stuff" from one coach to another for the wife and me was a bit frustrating as cabinet locations, number of cabinets, etc. in the Ventana LE were substantially different from our 2007 Damon Astoria.   Additionally we went from a "booth dinette" in the Astoria to a "sliding table w/free standing chairs dinette" in the Ventana LE which meant losing the under the bench seats storage we had in the Astoria (which is where we kept small appliances like the Keurig, oscillating fan, space heater, InstaPot, etc.).  We were surprised how much cabinet space those "things" would consume!   Plus in the Astoria the "washer/dryer" cabinet was used as part pantry / storage for all of our disposable tailgating plates, bowls, aluminum pans, etc.  The Ventana LE's washer / dryer cabinet came with washer /dryer in place which of course led to the "guilt trip" comment from the wife that she wished the Astoria had a washer / dryer but she didn't want to complain...….

It is a 2008, what year does it look like?:D  I didn't trade so my coach is South of Fort Worth at my property. I have spent a night at the campground. I decided to leave it there while waiting on a part. You are right we had a technician assigned to us. I don't know what they could have done better.

This coach has an amazing amount of storage. I thought I had plenty in my old Bounder but lots more in the kitchen and it has large sliding drawers in the pantry that look ajustable.

It is a fun  challenge learning all the new stuff, heck finding all the light switches and what they operate is a challenge.:P

Bill

ki2e_sllt.jpg

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

challenge learning all the new stuff, heck finding all the light switches and what they operate is a challenge.

Bill, we are almost 6 years into this coach, I still find switches that I didn't realize were there :D

It is fun, Learned what the switches on the steering wheel are for/do. I am satisfied that the place I thought may be a missing switch actually has no function so that is  good. The outher 3 are for the power tilt, power telescope and the power pedal adjust. 

Back to light switches, some have a hi and low function.

I found the hidden latches that allow you to lower the ceiling treatment to get to the air return filters. By the way they (the filters) all looked new.

I did have a senior moment yesterday, this will make you laugh. I ran the front shades up so I could double check the wipers and play with the delay settings. I wanted to see if the wiper blades cleaned ok because we have had some rain and just because. Well that worked great, looked at the blades and they look new. Well I tried to lower the front shade and it wouldn't go all the way down. It would go back up but wouldn't go all the way down. Well I was geting ready to call my technician. But after a couple minutes I said something I can't repeat then switched off the ignition key and lowered the shades. :huh:

Bill

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Bill, we are almost 6 years into this coach, I still find switches that I didn't realize were there :D

I've learned as much about our MH as I can; yet I still  haven't found the DOT switch for the exterior lights, Spartan says there is one but I'm beginning to think Winnebago didn't hook it up.

Ray, mine is a on/off in my control panel, below my main awning switch.:P

Bill, when I turn on my ignition all night blinds will come up, but my day shades will not.  Was told by Allied that a few people drive with the day shade in front down, they was concerned that an idiot would try it with night shade down! :wacko: 

56 minutes ago, manholt said:

a few people drive with the day shade in front down, they was concerned that an idiot would try it with night shade down! :wacko: 

That would drive me crazy. I don't think the view through the day shade is good enough to drive. My shades stay down when I turn the switch on, I don't know if they stay down after I start it.

Bill

Bill, don’t feel bad, I left the key on and couldn’t figure out why the slides wouldn’t open. I walked around opening and closing all the bay doors. Finally I realized my “docking lights” were on outside, then it dawned on me they only work with the ignition on and the slides won’t with the ignition on :D.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Ray, mine is a on/off in my control panel, below my main awning switch.:P

Bill, when I turn on my ignition all night blinds will come up, but my day shades will not.  Was told by Allied that a few people drive with the day shade in front down, they was concerned that an idiot would try it with night shade down! :wacko: 

I didn't explain correctly, sorry. I was referring to the DOT switch to blink the headlamps or clearance lights when driving, same switch as in semi-tractors and commercial bus's. The Spartan MM GT chassis is a bus chassis.

8 hours ago, RayIN said:

same switch as in semi-tractors and commercial bus's.

We just started spec'ing this option at work. Yeah, not standard as you would think, it has a price tag on it. I can remember when I worked on school buses, some had it some didn't.

I have it on my steering wheel and use it all the time for OTR's when they are safe to come in...use the running/clearance lights as a thank you, when I can come back in lane!  Had the same on my Allegro Bus. Power glide and current Spartan K2. 

I use my ICC buttons all the time as you do. I wonder where the Knight of the road have gone? When I signal my intention on pulling back over when passing a truck, 1 in possible 20 will flash the ok.

But I still thank them anyway. 

Herman 

We now have camel jockeys/young punks/ NAFTA drivers from Mexico...ZERO manners!  They also like to cut back in with a foot to spare...I try to anticipate it. 😡:wacko:

On 2/6/2020 at 10:18 AM, wayne77590 said:

My Winni has it on the "smart" steering wheel. One for headlamp flash and one for running lights.

Same on my Eagle...don't get to flash the running lights very often!😃

On 2/6/2020 at 8:34 AM, hermanmullins said:

I use my ICC buttons all the time as you do. I wonder where the Knight of the road have gone? When I signal my intention on pulling back over when passing a truck, 1 in possible 20 will flash the ok.

But I still thank them anyway. 

Herman 

Thanks for clearing this up, I called it the DOT switch, which is incorrect. My MH is so old smart steering wheels were only a dream.

Anyway, I found the electrical schematic to install the ICC switch on my Spartan MM GT chassis. Now I can get out of the house again, found something else to do in the garage.