hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

35 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

I also have the smart wheel and it only took me 7 years to learn how to set the interminite wipers.:wub:

Herman

Don’t feel bad, I still struggle with ours in the beginning of each season. I still can never remember which switch flashes the headlights and which is the ICC lights. I alternate both when I need it :D

My first attempt at intermittent wiper took about 5 minutes to get it to work intermittently, then I wanted to speed it up so it was another 5 minutes. Luckily it stopped raining so when we stopped I used the SWAG principle and found out that one push will sweep the wiper and then depending on when you push the button again it uses that setting for the timer.  Wonderful ingenuity and I'm happy the manual said something about it. I think there are a few more button pushes for intermittent wipers that I have not found yet.

Give me time, I've only had it for 2 years.

So far I have got them on and the washer to work. Haven't tried intermittent yet. I checked the blades and they put new blades on. 

Here is something to make you smile. The outher night I was thinking about things on my check list from the walk through. I realised I had never tried the dash air. So I dropped by yesterday to see how things are going and to try the ac. All is good, they got the latch in for the washer and installed, but they are waiting on a motor and parts for the awning over the door. I didn't know they had written it up. So now the only bad thing is the completion date has been pushed back to Thursday. 

Bill

Sad but true. I think leaving it there till everything is fixed is the best. They keep fixing things I didn't know were broke :D and it is on their dime.

Bill

Bill, grit your teeth and let them spend $$, the motor for awning and labor is a couple of grand, been there!  Your eating away at their over inflated profit margin and you will, one day, drive out with a great rig for the $$$.:P

9 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

I also have the smart wheel and it only took me 7 years to learn how to set the interminite wipers.:wub:

Herman

Same here.  In fact I still keep a 3 x 5 card up front with the directions for the wipers.

I really like the way the intermittent wipers work on my Freightliner chassis.  Push the button, it sweeps once. Wait until it needs it again and push the button again. Intermittent time is now set. Wish the car was that way.

19 hours ago, FIVE said:

Same here.  In fact I still keep a 3 x 5 card up front with the directions for the wipers.

That is a good idea, I may have to do that too.

Wayne, now I want to go back to my coach and try to make my intermittent wipers work. New forecast finish date is Wednesday - Thursday. 

How come Amazon can do same day delivery and outher places someday, just saying.

Bill

Joe, I have had the same wiper system since 1997!  Allegro, Southwind, WB Tour, Allegro Bus, AC Tradition!  Smart Wheel is placing controls on Steering wheel instead of Column or dash!  😁 

Yep, smarter wheel than me technology.

Just about everything is smarter than me technology. I wondered for a year or more how the LED lights came on in the outside front of the motor-home.  Accidentally pushed the AUX switch on the dash and voila, LED lights.

Grandchild #15 just arrived. She's a cutie.

Maybe we should bring them all to a FMCA event and let em loose...... I train them for chaos, lol. 

On 2/10/2020 at 10:20 AM, DBenoit said:

Grandchild #15 just arrived. She's a cutie

Maybe we should bring them all to a FMCA event and let em loose...... I train them for chaos, lol. 

Congratulations. The very nice thing about grandchildren is that when the grandparents are through spoiling them they can hand them back to the parents.

Is that called "Payback!"

On 2/10/2020 at 11:20 AM, DBenoit said:

Grandchild #15 just arrived. She's a cutie.

Congratulations! We have 13 + 3 greats. There are happy to see them arrive, happy to see them leave moments. Wonder how I can bottle some of their energy?

Now i need a map. I have the darts. All of our travels so far have been east coastal. We ocean peeps.

Time to get some plans inland. 

6 minutes ago, DBenoit said:

Now i need a map. I have the darts. All of our travels so far have been east coastal. We ocean peeps.

Time to get some plans inland. 

"You don't need no stinking darts" easy peasy  just get on the Mass pike and head West. 

Bill

👍 US 2 is mostly 4-lane and lightly traveled IMO. If one goes online to state's visitors bureau to find things to see you can spend an entire summer within 100 miles of US 2 and be on the go every day.

The most unusual thing is Havre underground.