hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

David,

They ate 3 hoses. One going to the outside kitchen quick disconnect, and two going to the washing machine. Little buggers were not satisfied with just one hole in the washing machine hose, they ate 3. I guess when they couldn't get anymore water out of the top most hole because the pump was not on they just shuffled down a little on the hose. I caught the deer mouse in a trap.

I now have bait, repellent, and traps set plus the storage facility put out traps at every I-beam support.

Total bill was $1018 and my diminishing deductible was $188, so I'm happy price wise.

Be aware, anyone storing an RV. Some, if not all, insurance companies require that you physically visit and inspect your RV every two weeks or they will not cover your costs. Fortunately we do visit every two weeks, sometimes less.

Well. when we first discovered dropping inside I had walked to where the 110v entered into the compartment. They/it were not satisfied with just climbing the cord but also chewing on the insulation leaving tell-tale remnants on the ground.

They can get in with a hole the size of a dime.

Hope nobody from PETA reads this!  :wacko: I'm not a fan of Rodents, ants, beetles, scorpions or snakes in my coach or S&B !:ph34r:

12 hours ago, manholt said:

Hope nobody from PETA reads this!  :wacko: I'm not a fan of Rodents, ants, beetles, scorpions or snakes in my coach or S&B !:ph34r:

People Eating Tasty Animals!

19 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Well. when we first discovered dropping inside I had walked to where the 110v entered into the compartment. They/it were not satisfied with just climbing the cord but also chewing on the insulation leaving tell-tale remnants on the ground.

They can get in with a hole the size of a dime.

I read somewhere electrical cord covering is now made with soy oil instead of dino-oil.

Carnival just canceled all the cruises from North America until April 10th. 

Ours is scheduled for April 18th. See how that goes.......

This is one of my baits for my little furry friends. They eat it and go inserch of water, hopefully outside.

2 hours ago, RayIN said:

I read somewhere electrical cord covering is now made with soy oil instead of dino-oil.

I don't know but they realey like some of the wiring installation.

Bill

tomcat-bait-stations-037091005-64_1000.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:07 AM, hermanmullins said:

We also have an Atomic Clock and we have to change it with the time changes (the radio signal has a hard time getting through our metal building)

Herman, sit the clocks outside under a shelter, one of the frequencies will get to them sooner or later.;)

Ray, Soy is correct...You can thank the friendly conservationists in CA for that..Fossil fuel is Bad!

Bill, Price of oil is $30 a barrel, gas $1.58 per 1,000 cu. ft., Yea cheap at pump...Unsustainable prices...we'll pay for it 6 mos down the line. Don't blame us, blame the Russia, Saudi oil war!

23 minutes ago, manholt said:

Don't blame us, blame the Russia, Saudi oil war!

Isn't it fun the lame stream press hasn't reported on any of that.

Bill

Good article.  Just for fun and giggles, know what people would do, I went on Amazon when the hand sanitizers were becoming scarce. We don't need any as we have a big bottle refill that we purchase some time ago - lasts forever.   I saw one price, can't remember the size, for $400. 

Reminds me of when we first got to Texas City. A hurricane, I think it was Gilbert was brewing and I wanted to board up my windows. The local home improvement store was "Handy Dan." When I got there, 1/2" plywood sheets were selling for something like $36 - 3 times more than original.  I didn't buy any and went to the local lumber store, Bohn's Lumber and purchase sheets as $12 each - normal price at that time.

Handy Dan went out of business in 1989 and that was shortly after its price gouging here in TC

Hurricane Elisha came in 1983, followed by Andrews in 1992!  Hurricane Gilbert in  Sept of 1988 cane to landfall in Mexico!

That is correct, but people were purchasing plywood in preparation of a hurricane. Not knowing exactly where it was going to make landfall. I was one of them. I had retired from the military in 1984 and we were rather concerned about high winds from any storms.  Didn't happen that strong here but I was prepared. As I said, "I think" it was Gilbert, but there were others:

Bonnie (High Island)
Chantel (Again High Island)
Jerry (Galveston)

Minimal, but I was still prepared.

On 3/15/2020 at 12:39 AM, RayIN said:

The TN state Attorney General gave him notice of intent to prosecute, In an attempt to stop death threats to him and his entire family, he gave it all to  two different charity groups, the TN AG didn't buy it and intends to prosecute anyway. He made his living re-selling on ebay and Amazon, both have banned him.

I haven't cancelled any of my flooring business. In fact, my son moved here from Montana and we will start adding residential refrigerators plus flooring.

Hey, if Russia and Saudi are having an oil price war, how come our gas prices have dropped so much.

I paid $1.84 CC price yesterday.  Great to see it under $2.

Wayne.

Simple, Trump did not renew the Uhelp bill of 1964, that caused us to buy Saudi Oil, bring it here for refinement and give it back to them for free!  We where also oil dependent...No longer, we have the biggest untapped reserves in the world...We never had a shortage of oil. 

Remember the Oil embargo of 1973?  Since Saudi didn't want to back off...we told them fine, we'll stop drilling and tear up the contract...they have played nice since!  

Ha! I returned to the US in the beginning of 1974. Housing priced doubled, then we had the "gas shortage."  The service station owner I dealt with told me I could have as much gas as I wanted as there was no shortage. He could get all the gas he wanted.  Rationing was a sham!

Basically it was a sham, as said we had no shortage of our own oil/Gas or refineries...but we had that dammed Underdeveloped Nations Bill.  From what I remember, we had to shut down our spigot and refine Saudi Oil...Once Oil hits the refinery, you can't tell where it comes from, but you do know how much Diesel & regular Gas you get per barrel of crude.  All of it had to be shipped back to Saudi, since at that time they did not have their own refineries.