hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Nunya....jk. They got married about a year ago and saving for a house. He works

2nd shift where I work, he still has to be there. Our daughter is a nursing assistant but she had the baby

in Facebook and hasn’t’t gone back yet. She is scared to go back

Edit—— not Facebook but February

Can't blame her...baby & saving for a house & part of income gone!  Don't look good for your liquor bill. 😂

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 7:22 PM, DBenoit said:

in Facebook and hasn’t’t gone back yet. She is scared to go back

Edit—— not Facebook but February

Glad u corrected that, I was starting to worry, my wife can't keep her nose out of Facebook, and I aint gonna get NO MORE BABIES!

42 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I have stopped many times headed to Maine at the big NH Liquor & Wine Outlet at I-95, Hampton, NH.

Bill

Yeah, us as well! Love those NH state stores, they are the only store on a designated exit off of I-95! Can’t beat that

Joe, the fun part is it isn't realey an exit  it is like a rest stop. That part of I-95 is a toll road and you never go through a toll plaza. There is always lots of room to park a RV. 

Bill

Just a heads up during these tough times with shortages and crowds at the supermarkets. I have a suggestion. Braum’s. Well ok this is only good throughout Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Missouri, and Arkansas. If you do live near a Braum’s I think many are overlooking them. They are a ice cream and dairy store but have a nice selection of bread and baked goods, salads and meat. I was in one this afternoon and There were only 2 people in the place besides the employees.  https://www.braums.com/

Did I mention that they have really good ice cream.

Bill

3 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Joe, the fun part is it isn't realey an exit  it is like a rest stop. That part of I-95 is a toll road and you never go through a toll plaza. There is always lots of room to park a RV. 

Bill

Yup, prices were decent and the selection was incredible  :wub:

2 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Did I mention that they have really good ice cream.

YUP, we visited the one in Amarillo, stocked up the freezer on ice cream, brought it back to PA while we were at Oasis. 

What was impressive was everything was stocked and looked good not all picked over. I think a lot of people are overlooking places like this.

Joe, look at the website at the new sundays. You may need to make a ice cream run.

Bill

3 hours ago, jleamont said:

YUP, we visited the one in Amarillo, stocked up the freezer on ice cream, brought it back to PA while we were at Oasis. 

You have Hershey's Ice Cream in your area and it's so very good.

6 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

You have Hershey's Ice Cream in your area and it's so very good.

Around here no one like Hershey's ice cream (only tourists) its a novelty name associated with chocolate company not liked because of its taste. The big sellers are WAWA, Turkey Hill, Breyers and Green's. I am pretty fussy when it comes to Ice cream, if it has anything out of the ordinary in the ingredients (corn syrup) we wont buy it! 

There are a lot of good ice cream out there.  Breyers, Blue Bell, Tom & Jerry's, Bunny, Braum's, and a lot more that we found in Canada.  Hershey's is NOT on my wish list...I don't even like their chocolate!!!  

Time to get the coach ready for a short 4 hour trip to Three Rivers, about a week of house cleaning, since we seem to be stuck in Texas for a undetermined period, we might as well build the add on now!  The coach garage is 38' deep, by 14' high we think, by 20' wide...it was built in 1996 for a 34' coach with no slide outs!  We want 60' x 16' x 30' and cement floor, current is compacted gravel.  The current coach is 49' (That's over all length including hitch) and 13' 4" high!  We're also adding on a bedroom and a boat garage.   

Well, my preference when home is H.E.B.'s ice cream. Blue Bell is over rated.  We sure did like Hershey's when in the Ohio Amish area.

All in the taste buds.

Blue Bell was at one time one of the best around. But not so since the reopened that plant after the listeria problem. A good friend of mine, who has over 50 year in the ice cream industry, says that Blue Bell began to put more air in the ice cream to increase the volume which makes for a poorer quality but more money.

But I now just watch other eat it to help keep my triglycerides down. (I did have to spell check that word) :(

Herman

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

Blue Bell was at one time one of the best around. But not so since the reopened that plant after the listeria problem. A good friend of mine, who has over 50 year in the ice cream industry, says that Blue Bell began to put more air in the ice cream to increase the volume which makes for a poorer quality but more money.

But I now just watch other eat it to help keep my triglycerides down. (I did have to spell check that word) :(

Herman

triglycerides?  Is that a new Blue Bell flavor??

Don

One thing great about being in America's Dairyland is that we have great ice cream and frozen custard. In addition to the brands already mentioned, we have local favorites like Purple Door ice cream.

10 hours ago, richard5933 said:

Purple Door ice cream

So I had to check their website, WOW!! Suddenly I want to go up there to try some. Wonder what it costs to ship?