hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Don C.  Be glad your Ranch is not in California...Wild hogs are protected! :wacko:

So far, we are real Lucky...No hogs on ranch!  Not even on our camp by Three Rivers!  My best friend has 1,895 acres in Gladewater, TX and figures he has between 3-5,000 hogs that goes between his ranch and 2 others...that was 4 years ago when he gave up estimating!  He's got another 1,490 acres, 23 miles south of Dallas, off !-45 and not 1 hog has been seen! :blink:

13 minutes ago, manholt said:

Don C.  Be glad your Ranch is not in California...Wild hogs are protected! ...

Wild pigs are considered a game animal in California - not sure where you're getting that they are protected. You need a hunting license, but apparently there is no bag limit for pigs killed on your own property.

14 hours ago, Erniee said:

rattlesnakes are protected by law? who thought that one up?

who is gonna tell?

How can I say this politely? We have a certain type of people here that tried introducing animals that were endangered back into the wild. Rattlesnakes, bobcats, coyotes, are just a few that have been released around here. The bobcats seem to have met with cattle ranchers herd protection methods. Coyotes became so populous  there is now a bounty on ears turned in. Rattlesnakes seem to be meeting The Judge quite often now in my county. 

Ray, LOL 😂 !

Richard, may have changed, but that's what a friend told me, about 5 years ago...he shows cattle and horses at the, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo every year.  I'm a Life member, but not active anymore.

Well,  You either got or fixing to get a Transgender, Marxist, Fascist Sheriff !  No body will be going to NH anytime soon! :wacko:

Speaking of liquor stores, we've been in Utah for the last couple of weeks and of course they only have state liquor stores but the problem we're having we went to 3 Mexican Restaurants yesterday before we found one with margaritas. Went to dinner at an upscale (based on price) restaurant last night and no wine service. We leave tomorrow for Ouray where will be able to get anything and everything, if you know what I mean.

We leave for Utah Monday!  Got enough wine to last 2 months, Linda likes a beer now and then along with a margarita (not often due to being diabetic)!  We go out for dinner once a week.

5 minutes ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

Applejack's on Denver's west side off I 70 at Youngfield is pretty darn good, huge!!

LOL I can tell Bill has never experienced a Buc-ee's. They work at being the biggest.

The New Braunfels, Tex., location is said to be the largest convenience store in the world: 68,000 square feet; 120 fueling positions; 80 fountain dispensers; 27 cash registers; and four Icee machines. It also has 33 urinals and 50 toilet stalls.

We have 3 Applejack's in the area. 

Bill

For bragging rights, the store at the Buc-ee's near my home in Katy may not have the largest store (though at 50,000+ square feet it is big), the Katy Buc-ee's has the Guiness World Record for the largest car wash on the planet! -->  https://www.click2houston.com/news/2017/11/16/buc-ees-car-wash-in-katy-gets-guinness-record-as-worlds-longest/

It is said that Buc-ee's has a "cult" following.  I openly confess that I'm part of the cult 😵

There definitely is a cult following. My neighbor just  traveled up to the panhandle, then down to the valley and just to visit Bucee's. His goal is to visit everyone of them in the State of Texas.

p.s., it is 60,000 Sq Ft.

Edited by wayne77590

Change of topic. Ruth Bader Ginsburn has passed away from liver cancer, she survived cancer 4 times, this one was too much for her. Liver cancer is fatal.

Sadly politics have already over-shadowed her death.

I got a Bucee's c/c. I get $0.20 per gallon off fuel till January 1 and then it is $0.10 per gallon after that. 

Great for diesel except it has a small nozzle, but I'm retired and not in a hurry. And it doesn't cut off until your full.

Herman 

RayIN.  Pancreatic cancer is what did her in!  I had a like, dislike for her...Should be a age limit. RIP

Problem with Bucee's, is that you don't know witch ones take Big Rigs/Trucks!   The one off I-45 in League City was a real trill to get away from, no 18 wheelers or RV facility.

Most of them say "No Trucks" but I have always found a end diesel pump on a island that was fairly easy to get to and away from. With over 100 pumps The end pumps are never that busey. The diesel/fuel prices are good it is when you go inside it gets expensive.:P

Bill