hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Earnie, and anyone else having difficulties getting onto the Forum, try this.

Go to FMCA.com and Sign In.

Click on FORUMS and select FMCA FORUMS. 

From there I select UNREAD CONTENT. 

Hope this help anyone having difficulties with the Forum. 

Note:  (1) FMCA is changing over to the new Computer System. On Thursday October 1st, they will be down for maybe as long as to the 15th. If needed you may call the office at, 513-474-3622.

(2) Also on October 1th the staff will be moving back into the office from their remote locations. We need to applauded all of them for maintaining FMCA during these difficult times. 

Edited by hermanmullins

Only time I had a problem was during the shakeup. Everything is operating fine since then. I use a W10 computer running FireFox or Edge.

I also received the email of FMCA changing servers. I am aghast that they indicate it could be down until October 15th. So many of us will be in withdrawal and have pains.

Never in my 30 years of computer stuff have I ever heard of a service being down for a server change. Everyone that I have been involved with has been fluid with no, or little, interruption.  The new server is checked out by "beta" users and technicians to see if everything works and then the switch is flipped. Yes, there may be a few glitches at first but the down time is usually less than  day and most time just minutes. 

Weird!

This is not just a server change. There will be a complete new software system to run the operations of FMCA. While some companies may have the luxury to run parallel systems to debug, test and bring on line, FMCA does not have the resources to do that. Hopefully, we the members don’t bother the Staff excessively while they work on our behalf. There are only 3 IT Staff if I remember correctly to do this change. Praise them. Let’s not jump to criticize. 

I agree, Wayne. Corporate America upgrades, revises and changes software systems regularly and most users never realize it. Usually this takes place over a weekend. Ross, if they have 3 IT staffers and they can't complete a change over in a few days, they need a different 3. Having beta users test the new system would cost nothing so that shoots the financial reason out the window.  

OH my! What am I going to do! All my friends run around in this computer! Oh my!

Edited by wayne77590
Removed an extra "e"

Well, I didn't get booted out, I just cleared my cache, history. and cookies. When you clear the cookies it removes all logins and you have to start over.

Glad you responded. Thought for a minute I was all alone.

Wayne sent me the link to sign-in, I couldn't get past the change password page. This time I clicked the  return to sign-in page line. There was a red sign-in button at top right, which I clicked.  WaLA, here i am. I'm not sure I really know how I got here. I'm not gonna sign-out for a few days as a result.  I fully expect all that to change in the next 11 days though, as  HQ finishes their work.

What a mess and waste of money, when we "don't have any!"  What we do have is some Prima Dona's, that are being payed twice their worth! 

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.

Glad to see you are back Ray - congratulation on following my instructions - not everyone can do that :D.

Edited by wayne77590

I don't think that is the case Carl. This is a major undertaking.

Wayne, I'm afraid to sign out, I may not be able to duplicate what I did to get here today.  :rolleyes:

Edited by RayIN

Wayne, we ground pounders think the same way. One step at a time.

Edited by RayIN

8 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Joe's having a difficult time following my instructions. See, I told you so!

I am Back! Cannot access on Mobile yet. I have to see what I can do from my work PC to get this corrected. 

Welcome back Joe! I took 10 minutes to get signed-in this morning, I forgot how I did it, had to re-read Wayne's instructions.

Just don't log out and all should be fine. Don't delete cookies either.

Joe, Hope I helped but you may have struggled and did it all by yourself, eh?

I have not logged out in 7 years!   FMCA IT Managed to do that to me, every 6 months (messing with the server)...been nice and smooth the past 2/3 years!

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Joe, Hope I helped but you may have struggled and did it all by yourself, eh?

I only have access from the office, at home I have none.