hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

How is Covid 19 in the Corpus Christi area? We will be down for the winter December 1. When we left this past spring the count was very low.

are restaurants open?

Roland

Roland, most are!  Some closed for ever...:(As soon as the total count is in & we have a POTUS, I hope D.Trump, we will have no Covid-19!

3 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

How is Covid 19 in the Corpus Christi area? We will be down for the winter December 1. When we left this past spring the count was very low.

are restaurants open?

Roland

Most are open, you are required to wear a mask in and out. 

Where are you staying in the Corpus Christi area?

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Roland, most are!  Some closed for ever...:(As soon as the total count is in & we have a POTUS, I hope D.Trump, we will have no Covid-19!

I hope you're correct about Covid-19 disappearing. However, I fear you are going to be very wrong.

Viruses don't typically watch the calendar, and if this were truly a conspiracy theory thing all put on for the upcoming election, how would you explain the problems with it in the rest of the world?

Politics aside.  IMHO, I feel that Covid will go away, not permanently, but in the same way as Bird Flu, Swine Flu, H1N1 and the other viruses have in the past 99 years!  Actual death from Covid, no other underlying problems, is 6% or about 14,000+/-!  H1N1 was 14,000+/- !  To put it into perspective, how many die each year from cancer, heart problems, car accidents and other accidents or just the common cold or flu, old age?  I don't even want to think about "Late Term" abortion!

Your right Richard, it's a World wide thing!

Question; what will happen to the Yahoo groups content Dec. 15 when Yahoo discontinues this function? I'm thinking of chapter websites like The Diesel Club. I emailed Mr. Ball, he said it is up to each chapter.

Edited by rayin

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Ball is correct...use Facebook or icloud or Windows 10 /365!

So if The Diesel Club goes to facebook for their discussion fourm, how will that work?

4 hours ago, rayin said:

Question; what will happen to the Yahoo groups content Dec. 15 when Yahoo discontinues this function? I'm thinking of chapter websites like The Diesel Club. I emailed Mr. Ball, he said it is up to each chapter.

Ray, we knew a few months ago Yahoo was shutting down "groups," and we migrated over to Google Groups.  Works well.

So when I sign in to The Diesel Club it will automatically be in Google groups instead of Yahoo? Cool.

I don’t think Covid 19 will go away anytime soon. We have less than 3% of our population who have acquired the disease, in order to get community (herd) immunity we need 60-70% of population with antibodies. Until we have a viable vaccine which the population will accept and use many more people will be infected. Fortunately we have learned much about the disease in a short time and the recovery rate is good and death rate is low. This disease is serious, it is now number 3 on the list of cause of death so we can’t ignore it but we can’t let It destroy our economy and country.

I am glad to hear that Texas is still open with safety measures in place. Bill we will be staying at Southern Oaks Luxury RV park thru march and then we are going to Castroville to Alsatian RV park for April.

3 hours ago, rayin said:

So when I sign in to The Diesel Club it will automatically be in Google groups instead of Yahoo? Cool.

Ray, it is not automatic. You have to sign up for Google Groups. I'm not sure if any of the substance on Yahoo can be migrated, but we started out on Google Groups without stuff that was on Yahoo.

I have an email client, not web mail, and as such anything I want to keep is on my computer. With web mail I don't think you can do that.  There are so many free email clients that run "stand-alone" on computers. I use Apple Mail. Over a decade ago I ran Outlook, and Thunderbird. Outlook came with MS Windows. It is pricey now as a single purchase. Thunderbird is a free open-source download and would be my choice of clients. .

You can do groups on Facebook, by invitation only.  We belong to several and the chats are private (not seen by non members)!

We dropped out of DC and other Chapters, 2 years ago!  Priorities change.

I searched Google groups, there is no diesel club there yet, still on Yahoo best I found.

Speaking of diesel motorhomes, anyone want one of these: https://camillc.com/terrawind/

Or, this motorhome may be your choice: https://luxurylaunches.com/travel/a-luxury-rv-of-your-dreams-it-comes-with-a-helicopter-hot-tub-wine-fridge-and-a-lot-more.php

Edited by rayin

The one with the tub & Helli pad is a converted Navistar Holiday Rambler, one built, never sold.  The terrawind met the same fate, it was featured in FMCA magazine (don't remember year)!

Welcome back Ernie. Just wanted to remind you of the Lone Star Rally in Kerrville Dec 3-4-5 at Buckhorn RV Resort. If you are interested call Buckhorn and make reservations then call Irene Renfro (521-415-4044) for forms. Two rallies are stacked on each other, one ends on Sunday and the other starts on Monday so space is limited. Would love to see you there.

Herman

Put the "Beauty" in for its annual PM. Found out there is a recall on my 2010-2015 Cummins for a faulty SCR system. Strange that the recall came out in 2018 and the technician at Freightliner told me about it yesterday.  Sure would be nice to be notified by manufacturers when recalls are issued.

11 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Welcome back Ernie. Just wanted to remind you of the Lone Star Rally in Kerrville Dec 3-4-5 at Buckhorn RV Resort. If you are interested call Buckhorn and make reservations then call Irene Renfro (521-415-4044) for forms. Two rallies are stacked on each other, one ends on Sunday and the other starts on Monday so space is limited. Would love to see you there.

Herman

Called to make reservations but was told they had no openings. We are on the waitlist list for any cancellations. We will see if something opens up.

Bill