hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

We went shopping in Corpus yesterday!  80, now 35...for the next 6 weeks it will be the annual roller coaster, weather pattern, that we know and love! 😂

Talked with our son that lives in Cheyenne, WY yesterday. He said it was 21 degrees, 5" of snow on the ground but no wind. Said it was a nice day. I must have raised him wrong. Nothing about his day seemed nice to me.:huh:

Herman

We have 28 degrees and wind today, spitting a little snow. The end of the week we are supposed to get up to the mid 40’s, that is when we plan to get out of here. Has there been any news about the vaccine and when it will be available in Texas? I wonder if winter Texans will be able to get it?

Roland

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Talked with our son that lives in Cheyenne, WY yesterday. He said it was 21 degrees, 5" of snow on the ground but no wind. Said it was a nice day. I must have raised him wrong. Nothing about his day seemed nice to me.:huh:

Herman

:lol:

heavy rain and 39 today. Wednesday into Thursday they’ve upped the snow forecast to 12”+ of snow :blink:, could be as much as 18”. I am not and never will be mentally prepared for this much snow!!

Yesterday was 74˚, and today it's 48˚, we are already in the roller coaster weather pattern.

I posted this on another forum but just had to share it here:

You will not believe this picture. As we were headed out of town I caught this guy pulling out of the Vet's clinic and I had to pull into a lot and wait for him to get through the light. Earlene took the picture. He left Texas City and took I-45N to Dickinson, about 8-10 miles and on the freeway it was a steady 60 mph (in the 55 mph construction zone) The dog sat behind him with his front paws on the guy's shoulders and stayed there the entire time. He was taller than the driver so he was looking over the drier's head. Real cool - but dangerous.

IMG_7095.jpg

Edited by wayne77590

Texas doesn't have a helmet law - but not sure for dogs.  I do know that in Galveston County it is unlawful to have a dog in the back of a pick-up truck that is not tethered.

In my past lifetime I worked for a veterinarian and one day a dog was carried in. His back paws were bloody and raw.  He was tethered but either fell out or jumped out of the truck only to have the tether hold his body up all except his hind feet.  For shame.

Tethering is to make sure the dog can only go so far in either direction and not give enough slack that he can get out of of the bed of the truck.

Like I said, the dog on the MC was cute but dangerous.  The MC driver didn't have a care in the world but the rubber neckers sure could have caused an accident.

Having owned all types and makes of MC's in my life and I still have a 2007 HD Classic Cruiser Trike, the only part that is dangerous is the "rubber necker!" 

What does a dog in the bed of a truck, got to do with the MC picture????

Wayne, did you see the dog actually move? I am looking at the picture an the dogs mouth (snout) just doesn't look real to me. I may be wrong but it won't be the first time and for sure won't be the last.

Herman

10 hours ago, manholt said:

Having owned all types and makes of MC's in my life and I still have a 2007 HD Classic Cruiser Trike, the only part that is dangerous is the "rubber necker!" 

What does a dog in the bed of a truck, got to do with the MC picture????

Safety observation, that's all. Since there is a law for back of a pickup, is there one for on the back of a motorcycle, that's all.

Edited by wayne77590

10 hours ago, jleamont said:

There appears to be a tether on the dogs front leg, or am I seeing something else? 

Joe, that is just the strap from the pack that he is carring. It goes around his head. The other leg of the dog did not have anything on it. My assumption would be that rider gets on, dog gets on and in position (whatever order), and the the pack is lifted and slung over the head, capturing lightly the dog's leg.  Just my observation of how I would do it.

8 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Wayne, did you see the dog actually move? I am looking at the picture an the dogs mouth (snout) just doesn't look real to me. I may be wrong but it won't be the first time and for sure won't be the last.

Herman

Absolutely saw him move. When we pulled up alongside of hm at a light I put the window down and exclaimed, "Cute."  The driver nodded his head and the dog looked at me. At one point on the highway the dog put his head on the left shoulder of the rider.

My friend is a veterinarian and when he saw the picture he said he had seen that combination before. He thought it might be the same owner and dog.

Edited by wayne77590

My dad grew up in Tupper Lake, NY, (Adirondacks) and told me that when he was driving a logging truck in the Winter that you could not see the tops of the telephone poles because the snow plow pushed it that high.  They also drove across the lake in the winter with those logging trucks. 

To cold for my thinning blood!

47 outside & we have the heather going!  When it gets below 63, we become indoor dormant:P🥶

100+ it's the other max! :ph34r:

DB, off all the places to move...why "The Cape?"

Edited by manholt